Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2001, 05:16 AM
Dale

Default Flight Advice

Hi Everyone, I am organizing flights for Mercury cruise 21st September. We are flying from Sydney (Australia) to Los Angeles and staying a there few days before continuing to Vancouver. I'm now trying to decide whether to fly from LA to Vancouver on 20th or 21st.

If we fly on 21st we would take an early flight to allow for any delays but according to Celebrity website boarding starts at 2pm. If we arrived at say 11am could we leave our (big) luggage and return later or would we just have to wait around the cruise terminal?

The other alternative is to take a late flight from LA on 20th and book a hotel in Vancouver. As we only have a few days in LA this would cut into the last day and give us less time for sightseeing there plus mean another pack/unpack. We will be spending 3 days in Vancouver post cruise for sightseeing there. What's your advice? Thanks Dale.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Flight Advice

I suggest you go for option # 2 -- go a day early and stay in Vancouver.
In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful cities in North America.

Flight delays do happen -- I arrived to meet an Alaska ground tour four hours late.
Fortunately, we were staying in a hotel that night or I would have missed it.

But most important, staying in a hotel the night before embarkation will add at least a day to your trip -- you'll board relaxed and cheerful. Airline travel takes so much out of us, it seems to take days to recover.

Anne Campbell
Editor
CruiseMates
Old June 19th, 2001, 05:25 AM
Dale

Default Re: Flight Advice

Thanks Anne, Booked today and took your advice.