Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2001, 04:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise satisfaction

First let me say that I enjoy cruising. My husband & I have been fortunate enough to be on 11 cruises. Yes, we have seen a decline in service & the prices of shore excursions have risen. BUT...I have also seen a decline in passenger attitude. When someone has a legitamate gripe, he has every right to expect that the problem will be thoroughly looked into. But he should also present that problem in a calm and mannerly way. You know...more bees with honey than with vinegar. I have been shocked at the rudeness of some passengers. First , speak to the person you would like the help from as if you expect that they will be happy to help. If you run into resistance, then turn the attitude up a notch. Also, get the persons name that you spoke with & use it often while asking for help with a problem. Then end the request with ..." OK , *person's name*, I'm relying on you to take care of this. I'll check back with you tomorrow."

If this gets no results then BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS! IMHO
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: Cruise satisfaction

I am starting to wonder how many passenger complaints the cruise lines get per cruise, both during and after. It must be volumes! because there will always be a coterie of bored, likely retired, complainers with nothing better to do than to pick things apart.

Let's face it - cruisers have extremely high expectations. We have been spoiled by an excellent product over the years. But now with the number of passengers exploding so must the number of complaints.

There has to be a point for all the cruise lines where they have to say "we've done all we can to rectify a situation and we can't do any more." The question is whether they care enough about doing the best they can in every situation or if they have just thrown up their hands and said "I give up." when it comes to handling all complaints.

Paul Motter
CruiseMates' "Test Your Sanity Cruise" with John Heald!
Details <http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/JohnHeald.cfm>