Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 15th, 2001, 06:10 PM
Cruisin' Chris

Default CROWN/REGAL Princess Mini-Suites

I'm very interested to hear from anyone who has ever had one of these staterooms...what was it like? How was the bath? The balcony? does it feel roomy? I don't expect it to really compare to the MS on the Sun class ships, which are quite nice. We are booked in this type of room for an upcoming Hawaii cruise and will actually have a third person in the room. Hoping it will be comfortable enough for three adult women! ;-)
Sponsored Links
Old June 15th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: CROWN/REGAL Princess Mini-Suites

First of all, the lady who gets the bed on the fold out couch will have the best view out onto the balcony. If you are smart, tell the other 2 ladies you will take the couch. The rooms are very nice. Sailed Regal Princess in A149. I certainly think that there will be plenty of room for all 3 gals. The bath is a nice size. A full tub with a shower. All marble from floor to ceiling. Lots of storage space in the bathroom. Lots of hanger space and drawers in the walk-in closet. Actually it is the space outside the bathroom. Nice frig and hair dryer. There is a long desk on one wall. There will be one straight chair with a regular living room type chair. End tables, coffee table and lamps. The balcony is a fair size. About 4 feet wide by about 12 feet long. There are also drawers next to each bed, above the frig and in the desk. I am sure you will have plenty of storage space. Luggage will probably fit under the bed, but if not, just have the steward take it to storage for you. I guess you could sit the luggage in the closet area, but it might be in the way of long dresses, etc. Have a great cruise......Regal is my favorite. Sailing her in Sept. 2001 to Alaska......
Old June 15th, 2001, 09:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Chris
We sailed Crown last year and treated ourselves to a balcony. What a disappointment! The wall of the balcony is solid and you have to stand outside to see over it. When you sit on your bed all you see is a steel wall. Definitely not worth the money on this ship. Otherwise wonderful cruise.
Bobbie
Old June 15th, 2001, 11:30 PM
Admiral

The Regal balcony rails are open. Not solid like the Crown.
Old June 17th, 2001, 10:18 PM
tigercat

We just returned from an Alaskian cruise aboard the Regal Princess. We had cabin A139. It was wonderful. My husband kept saying that he was spoiled rotten. I spent a lot of time on the balcony sitting in the lounge chair watching the shore, glaciers ect. I used the balcony more on this trip than I did the last two trips (aboard the Disney Wonder, and the Rhapsody of the Seas) and enjoyed every minute. The room is big. We went with 2 other couples (I did all the planning and booking) who thanked me every time they saw me. The staff was great and service was wonderful. We really enjoyed the food as well. Enjoy yourself.
tigercat
Old June 22nd, 2001, 03:34 PM
Cruisin' Chris

Thanks for the tip on the balcony wall on the Crown. I was already aware of this from when I researched and sailed on the Regal back in 97. This is really the only key difference between the two ships. The regal has railings rather than the solid wall. We just enjoy being out of the hubbub and still outside, so we'll take it!
Old June 22nd, 2001, 03:37 PM
Cruisin' Chris

Ah - there's the rub. According to Princess, the couch isn't a convertible, like on the Grand . They actually wheel in a rollaway every night. I was just curious whether we'd still be able to walk around with the rollaway in the room or not.