Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2001, 02:43 PM
Ken W.

Default Travel Agent Recommendations?

As a new cruiser I've received very good advice on selecting my next cruise from some other Cruisemates members, so here I am again, hat in hand, asking if anyone has a travel agent they would like to recommend. I've browsed, I've searched, I've stared at brochures until my eyes are bruised, and narrowed my choices down to Princess and Celebrity, but at this point I know I could use some professional advice. I'm located in the SF Bay Area, but proximity isn't necessarily an issue; reliability and dependability are.

Also, the next cruise I'm looking for has to take place next year, in May or June of '02; am I doing myself any good by looking to book this early or hindering myself?

Thanks to all,
Ken
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2001, 03:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Travel Agent Recommendations?

Ken, I have been very satisfied with my travel agent. Her name is Karen Arce. Her website address is arcetravel.com . You should be able to get a phone number there. She is from West Palm Beach I think.
Old June 18th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ken,
You may want to post on the "bargain finder" here since you have harrowed down your search to a few ships, from there travel agents will e-mail you with what they have for certain times/ships that you've including in your post. Its all very easy, once you find something, make sure they have an 800 number and you can actually talk to the agent and see how you feel about working with them. You can also then call anyone local in your area and see if the prices you got are comparable to someone nearer to you. Its worth a try, hope you find the perfect cruise.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old June 19th, 2001, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Donna, I tried that method and got the following response from Hope Prestwich at Nucentury Travel:

I can get you on a 10 night repositioning cruise from Ensenada to Honolulu on
May 3rd with a cat 2C balcony cabin on the Summit or the Infinity on May
10th
Price for both is as follows:
$1917.75 per person including all port and federal taxes (w/o air transport).

and I'm pretty well stunned by the under-$200 per person per day price! (To all who love spending days in port I can say I do to; but for me sheer bliss is being detached from land with three or four days at sea stretching out before me. Does anyone have any experience with NuCentury Travel or with Ms. Prestwich? I've emailed a request for more info, but would appreciate any input.
Thanks for all the great responses,
Ken
Old June 20th, 2001, 06:43 PM
Yes2cruising

All of us have favorite travel agents. I have hunted for the one that serves my need the most. Try this web site then give her a call. The toll free number is listed. At one time she had advertised here on the Cruise Mates site. Never hurts to shop around for a VALUED TA.
<http://www.1aboutcruises.com/>
If you like her say hello from me; Steve from Anahiem.