Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2001, 01:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default price drop

Where can I check to see if the rates went down for our cabin. We will be sailing in Sept. & I keep reading that they may go down as the day approaches. Thanks for any help.( Booked directly thru Carnival & already have a great price, I think. 2-for-1. Can it get any better?)
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2001, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: price drop

Tina,
U can check pricing on the Carnival web site. Pretty simple actually. Not to be the bearer of bad news... but any TA should be able to beat the price of booking direct with the cruise line. If not, it's a bad TA.
Also by booking a TA you have someone to do the work IF things go wrong along the way. I highly recommend using a TA!
Regards,
Kuki
Old July 22nd, 2001, 01:51 PM
WillaT

If you booked directly with carnival, A TA can take the reservation from carnival and save you some money. This is what we did and saved almost $500. Call a good TA in your area or online and ask them for a quote. Just tell them you booked with Carnival. They can use the same deposit which was excellent. You may want to ask on the message board for the name of a good TA.
Old July 22nd, 2001, 02:15 PM
poocher

Kuki,

What's the best way to choose a TA for the cruise? Anyone use someone they'd recommend in the northern Ct area? Can I ask for recommendations? As stated elsewhere on these boards, my last TA was awful. Booked thru him, then I did all the leg work to find better deals and he griped about having to change things for me!! Felt like telling him to hire me since I was so much better at it than he!!

Pooch the reluctant cruiser
Old July 22nd, 2001, 03:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Poocher,
You can start by posting on the "bargain finder" here at Cruisemates and if you get a good price and someone you can deal with, you can use them. Just make sure they have an 800 phone number, its a great feature and hopefully you will find a cruise/travel agent that you like, good luck.

<http://www.cruisemates.com/findcruise/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old July 28th, 2001, 01:19 PM
Sally Murdoch

Thanks for your confidence - when booking through "moi" or any good agent, we do all the work - it's nice to know someone is aware of that. We get an awful lot of grunt work when something goes wrong - and a note of appreciation when things go right! The ship line
Old July 28th, 2001, 09:33 PM
Bernie & Jeannie

Hi Tina, TA's are an invaluable source when planning and buying a trip. Ironicly we just booked a cruise with Carnival last month for this October and didn't use a TA and went direct with Carnival. We got the same 2 for 1. My wife happened to call yesterday (7/27). The price dropped and they credited us an additional $200! The moral of the story is keep calling right up till you're cruise date. We were told to call back every week. You can bet we will. Have a great cruise!