Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2001, 01:22 PM
Passenger

Default Entertainment late at night?

I've never been on a cruise, but am thinking of taking one with my two daughters, aged 12 and 13. A friend just took a cruise with her family on Royal Carib. and said the entertainment for their age group didn't start until about 10 at night, and the dancing and such for adults didn't start until around midnight! We are typically early risers and can't deal with that. I don't want to spend lots of money on a cruise if that's the case. Are all cruises like that? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2001, 06:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to ANITA
Default Re: Entertainment late at night?

HI Louise
Your friend was correct about the late start for the teen disco on RCL, and yes dancing for adults tended to get going after second dinner seating 10:15. Parades along the shopping atrium were at 11:00 p.m. -- we were on Voyager.
First seating dinner was 6:30 and then the theatre was open for this group. We were second seating and went to the theatre at 10:30.
Sounds like you might be better off with first seating.

Funnily enough the earliest that were went to bed was 12:30, but mostly 1:00 to 1:30 and were were up by 8:00 the next morning (or on excursion days 7:00). We never felt tired, although if I kept to that schedule during the work week I would collapse!

That was my only cruise (so far), I've booked another as it was the vacation of a life time.
Anita
Old July 31st, 2001, 11:10 PM
Carole Dunham

Hi Louise,
On some cruiselines the entertainment for people at the second seating is before dinner. By the time you're through it's time to go dancing!

Carole
Old August 6th, 2001, 03:53 PM
First Mate

Hi Louise,
I am not familiar with Royal Carib, but I am taking my second cruise with Carnival in about 2 weeks.
I think there are things going on all day on board, plus you have your days at port. On my last cruise we went to bed about 10:30 most nights. My daughter was 9 or 10 then, and 13 now and she thoroughly enjoyed her first cruise.
There may be some events at night but I felt our days had a lot of options.
Enjoy!
Mike
Old August 6th, 2001, 08:37 PM
First Mate

GEEZ, Louise! Your going on a cruise not a damn church social . . . lighten up . . . get loose. . . .let your kids STAY UP WAY PAST their usual time . . . they'll not only thank you for it. . . .they'll LOVE YOU FOR IT.

Bon Voyage,
Gary