Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2001, 08:17 AM
Passenger

Default St. Thomas Excursion

My husband and I are going to St. Thomas on the Golden Princess. I have seen some postings about a Champagne Catamaran excursion to St. John's. Can anyone give me some information on it? How much will it cost, is it worth it, what's included, what time do we have to get up, when can we book it, ect... The more detailed the information the better. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: St. Thomas Excursion

Hi Sandra,
One of our regular posters "Norm" had done this excersion a few times already and it sounds like he'd do it again. I did find a reply of his about this excersions:

Be sure to book "shore excursion" STT-R, "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John," from St. Thomas. This is one of the most enjoyable excursions that I have found anywhere. A sailing catamaran will meet you right at the cruise ship pier and set sail for a secluded beach on St. John with a reef nearby for snorkeling. Upon arrival, the crew anchors the catamaran and lowers a ladder at the bow into the water for easy access, and breaks out snorkel gear for those who wish to use it. The crew also will provide free snorkel lessons for those who wish to participate. While at anchor, they will serve a cold buffet lunch aboard the catamaran. After lunch, they take up the anchor and sail right back to the cruise ship pier, arriving around 3:15 -- right in time for tea aboard ship or, if you prefer, allowing plenty of time for a couple hours of shopping in Charlotte Amilie before the ship's departure at the end of the day. I have done this excursion three times, and I look forward to doing it again on my next visit to St. Thomas!

Enjoy Sandra,

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 26th, 2001, 03:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: St. Thomas Excursion

My husband and I did this Champagne Catamaran excursion last year. It was really nice. But if you are looking for authentic champagne, don't go. The "champagne" served was a light sparkling wine. The crew is very friendly and even allowed my husband to helm the catamaran. On the beach, we witnessed a wedding (we were told that it was a very popular wedding site)The excursion at that time was $100/pp. But I think it was worth it.