Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2001, 07:47 PM
mabes57

Default Writing to a Crew Member

Hi,

A few weeks ago I returned from my very first cruise--it was onboard the Pacific Princess to Bermuda--and am absolutely hooked! The Cruise Director, Chris Nichol, was absolutely wonderful and I was wondering if you could advise me as to how I can send him a thank you note. Any advice you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mabes57
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2001, 08:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Writing to a Crew Member

mabes57 wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> A few weeks ago I returned from my very first cruise--it was
> onboard the Pacific Princess to Bermuda--and am absolutely
> hooked! The Cruise Director, Chris Nichol, was absolutely
> wonderful and I was wondering if you could advise me as to
> how I can send him a thank you note. Any advice you could
> give me would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Mabes57

Hi Mabes57,
You may want to try an e-mail to Princess and see if they will forward it to him?
Hey, Its worth a try, good luck. Good to hear you enjoyed your first cruise, may-be you're hooked too?

<http://www.princess.com/>
Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old August 28th, 2001, 12:57 AM
Rob H

Good idea, I sent and email to Celebrity VP Hotel and my email comments about staff (raves) were forwarded to the ship.
Old August 28th, 2001, 02:23 PM
mabes57

Hi Donna & Rob,

Thanks for your suggestions. I am ABSOLUTELY hooked on cruising! I'm at that point in my life where I have no significant other, live at home with my parents and have been working in the stress-filled publishing industry for over 10 years. So I'm seriously thinking about applying for a cruise job! And if that doesn't work out, then I'll be saving my money for my next cruise!

Thanks again, Mabes57
Old September 30th, 2001, 08:48 AM
slavearlen

My kind of girl!!! I am a 6 times cruiser! If my career wasn't as solid as it is ... I'd apply as well.
I know alot of the crew on another cruise line and have stayed in communication with several of them both at sea and on land while they were on their vacations. It is not easy to reach them without their help. Faxes to the ship generally are not acceptable and from what I am told, is not permitted. SOME of the crew has access to e-mail but some do not so this is not exactly the answer either unless the crew member has given you his e-mail address. Then you only need to be concerned with their availability to access their mail and this can be difficult also. Every cruise line has a specific address that the crew members use to receive their mail at. You need to contact the cruise line and get the address. With Celebrity you need to also include the ship name - so you need to know which ship they are on also. Once you get the information, it's easy but the crew need to help you and they want to allow you to have it also.
A small bit of advise ... don't fall for these guys. It is EXTREMELY rare that you can "take any relationships off the ship" with you. It's fantasy and paradise when you meet but once you leave, the spell is broken (usually). Alot of girls have been left heartbroken so beware. The guys I speak to I handle as "friends" and that has been success in staying in touch BUT I am a realist and know what goes on onboard when they are at sea. Be careful, ok??
Old April 14th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Passenger

Let me know if you find a way to contact Chris Nichol. He was our Cruise Director on the Tahitian Princess last month, and I agree - he was amazing! I'm trying to find out how I can purchase one of his CD's, since I didn't have a chance to do so while I was on board. Thanks.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 05:17 PM
christine battensby

I am trying to contact Jennifer P Avellanosa on the Costa Atlantica she is a new member of the room service department.
Melvin Penalosa of the Marco Polo is most concerned as he is unable to contact her ship. Melvin's e mail is : melvin-ph@yahoo.co.uk and melvin-ph@hotmail.com or melvint.penalosa M/V marco polo @ orient lines.co.uk
If Jennifer is unable to reach him she can e mail me and I will pass the message to Melvin via my e mail.
Christine Battensby