Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2001, 12:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Learning on At Sea Days RCI?

We have heard that there are special classes cruisers can sign up for on ships such as the Legend that have 4-5 At Sea Days in a 14-15 night cruise. What can you tell us about these and where do we look for more information and to sign up?

Thanks!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2001, 12:57 AM
Susan Milne

Default Re: Learning on At Sea Days RCI?

Hi Beth,

I participated in the Academy at Sea last year on a 12-night Hawaii cruise. It was really worthwhile and a great thing to do on sea days. Here is some info. on it from our RCI reveiw. You sign up on board for the classes:

The Academy at Sea offers passengers a chance to learn about a variety of topics on sea days. Register for classes in Theatre Production; Beauty; Health and Fitness; Hospitality and Beverage; and Photography. Each course is 1 hour per day on sea days with a guest limit of two courses per cruise. The highly informative yet informal classes are taught by on board staff and are well attended.

Susan
susanmilne@cruisemates.com
Old August 30th, 2001, 11:08 AM
poocher

Is this program offered on the Nordic Empress to Bermuda? Mt daughter would love the class on theater production. And While I'm on the subject, is there a way to contact RCCL about the types of programs, both adult and kids, offered on the cruise?

Pooch the reluctant but going anyway cruiser
Old August 30th, 2001, 11:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Pooch, have you not been on a cruise before? Is that why you are reluctant? I'll bet you will sing a different tune when you return! And you are going to Bermuda! Lucky you!

I too would love to know if we can find out more about this program before we go. We will be on the Legend, but not til next March 3. I'm going to search the RCI site, then e-mail if I don't find anything. They are very good about e-mailing back.

Beth
Old August 31st, 2001, 09:06 PM
steels

Hi Beth

I have taken Academy at Sea classes on three cruises. They are very informative and lots of fun. You will enjoy them. I really enjoyed the fitness one and the photography class.
margaret
Old August 31st, 2001, 10:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you have to wait until you get on board to sign up? I just can't find anything on the web site. There are 6 in our party and I'm sure we would enjoy the variety of choices.

Beth
Old September 10th, 2001, 07:12 PM
SER

Hi Beth.

I was on the Rhapsody a couple of years ago and they had what I think is called "Life Enhancement" mini-seminars that I really enjoyed. One was about getting out of the box and taking risks and one was about self-hypnosis. Both were very good. You didn't have to sign up, you just went to the big lounge area at the designated time. Check your Compass every day and I'm sure you'll find some info there.

Bon Voyage!