Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2001, 07:12 PM
First Mate

Default NCL. Star.

Having just received a really good offer for April, onboard the NCL Star leaving Honolulu for a seven night round trip, having never cruised with NCL I cannot find many good reviews. The ship looks fantastic on the NCL webpage the offer was for an balcony cabin which we have never gone for in the past because of the difference in price, but this was so reasonable I was just about to book it when I started reading all the reviews which were a bit worrying. We are both in our 30's and love large ships with lots of choice and entertainment (production shows etc) any thoughts on NCL, food, service, entertainment etc would be great. Thank you.
Debbie
P.S. Although it is a good price we live in England so a long flight to L.A. for an overnight stay before flight to Honolulu so I want to make sure it is worth it.
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2001, 07:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: NCL. Star.

Hi Debbie,
Kind of confused, I was under the impression that NCL Star is a new ship not out yet. Its possible you were reading reviews of NCL Sun?? Here is some info on Star I found on the web-site:

Norwegian Star sails round trip from Honolulu for 7 nights on Sundays from Dec. 16, 2001 through 2003 calling at Kona, Hawaii; Fanning Island Republic of Kiribati (passport required), Lahaina, Maui; and Nawiliwili, Kauai. Passengers may take this cruise round trip from Lahaina, Maui on Friday. Positions from Ensenada to Honolulu on a 10-night cruise, Dec. 5, 2001 calling at Hilo, Hawaii; Kona, Hawaii, Nawiliwili Kauai and overnight in Lahaina

From this information, NCL Star is not even finished yet, although I really like the idea of flying in/out of Hawaii and just cruising the islands, will definately take a closer look at that myself. Unfortunately, we won't see any reviews until after December, so you will have to decide without the benefit of any cruisers feedback, good luck.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 29th, 2001, 08:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: NCL. Star.

Sorry, I should have explained it better, what I was worrying about was the standard of NCL in general. I was reading the reviews on the newer NCL ships to try an get an idea of the standard of food, service, entertainment etc to see what sort of cruise the Star will be. I thought that if most of the reviews were either good or bad then a cruise aboard the Star could well be of the same quality. Thanks for replying any more help would be great.
Debbie.