Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2001, 11:16 AM
Linda T.

Default love your forum!!

Hi,
I just found your website last week and I love it. i think I've read every post in every cat. so far. i asked Kuki a question and he answered the same day. It was great, I'm the one that misspelled your name. I've been on 26 cruises so far and for the first time I have buyers regret. We are booked on the Triumph for Nov. 10th and we want to go on your test your sanity cruise instead. I know you guys will have a blast! Joe, my husband, Is a "doer" on a cruise, we come home with a suitcase full of "24 karat gold plastic plated ships on a stick" every cruise. It makes it so much fun to get involved.To everyone that is going, Have a great time and tell me all about it when you get home. Linda
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: love your forum!!

Hi Linda..
Welcome aboard!!! We love to have new folks join us, and with all your cruise experience and your enthusiasm you're sure to be a tremendous help responding to people's questions.

Switch those dates.. and U could be getting ready to pack. We'd love to have U along!

Regards,
Kuki.... Kiki, Cucu, Kaka or whatever u'd like to call me
Old August 30th, 2001, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Linda T.
To Cruisemates!
Glad you are finding the message board to your liking :-)

Just in case you missed this, there are a few Net Buddies Cruisemates cruises planned for the future, you may be able to fit one or more into your schedule. They are are a great way to cruise and meet your fellow posters, here is the info:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>

Happy Cruising

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 30th, 2001, 05:24 PM
Robocop

Linda, very glad to have you aboard! everyone is welcome here and there is certainly a wealth of information that is exchanged. Not only do we have tons of differant message board topics, but we have the Chit-chat message board for just general yakking at each other, but we even have a nightly chat session starting a 9pm EDT where we have a host to monitor and giude the ship and quite a few others that just make it THE place to be. You could spend days just exploring this website and you would be amazed at all there is to learn.
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old August 30th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Ahoy Linda and welcome to CruiseMates.
Come join us on chat and post your experiences.

Y2C
Tuesday West Coast Chat Host
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:24 PM
Linda T.

Hi Cocoa....just kidding..Kuki,
We wish we could go on this cruise, Maybe next time. For now nov 10th will have to do. Thanks everybody that has posted for making me feel so welcome here..Linda
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:42 PM
Linda T.

Hi Donna,
We're going nov 10th so a December cruise is too soon. Do you guys have them often? Thanks for the welcome!! Linda
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t

Hi Robocop,
Your right about that, I HAVE spent days reading this site, It's great. I didn't know other people shared my Cruise addiction. It's nice to know I don't need rehab, I was beginning to worry. Thanks for the welcome...........Linda
Old August 30th, 2001, 09:49 PM
Passenger

Hi Y2C,
Thats an odd name, Is there a meaning to it I've missed somewhere? I would love to get in a chat. I'll see you there sometimes. Linda
Old August 30th, 2001, 10:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Linda,
Our next cruise will be on Golden for New Years with the Cruisemates bunch, should be a blast, can't wait. I'm happy if I can cruise once or twice a year.
Hopefully December will be here before we know it, at least I hope so.

Take care,

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old August 31st, 2001, 01:46 AM
Dave B.

Hi linda welcome to Cruismates.

My handel on chat is papad

hope to see you there

May the wind be at your back & the sun shining?
Old August 31st, 2001, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Hi, Linda ...

And WELCOME !!!

I think you'll find that we take our criuising seriously and ourselves not seriously at all.

Don't be surprised to find me in your mailbox one day ... you have just been conscripted as a resource for First-Time Cruisers information.

Do join us for Chat M-F 9 PM Eastern time. Be warned, if Kuki and I are both there, the Chat Host doesn't have a chance !!!

Y2C is "Yes 2 Cruising". He fancies himself as King Neptune. Watch out for his trident.

Please go to Chit-Chat and sign up for a job in our soon-to-be famous feature film. It's under NEWS FLASH.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:03 PM
Suzan

This web site is great,,I was lucky to find it before my first cruise!!!!,,its hard to believe some "pro" cruisers haven't found it..Thanks
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:16 PM
Passenger

Hi Suzan,
It is a great site. i'm new to the computer world tho. My son gave me one for Christmas and I've had a blast with it ever since. Have a great day. Linda
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Hi Dave,
Thats a great name. I hope I see you soon in a chat room. Linda
Old August 31st, 2001, 02:38 PM
Passenger

HI Pamda,
I would love to help anyone that I can. I love first time cruisers. I always try to take people with me that have never been before. It's fun for me to see their faces when they see that huge ship for the first time. . I guess when you've been so many times you get where you take things for granted. lobster and prime rib AND 2 desserts, for us its normal, for a first timer it Wow, I can't believe this, this is so cool!! Makes it new all over again. I hope to "see" you in a chat soon. Linda
Old August 31st, 2001, 07:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Linda T,
I agree with you on taking first timers. We took three couples/families with us on our 2nd cruise. It is fantastic to see their expressions. My sister said "It isn't that big!" about the Ecstasy. ( I wonder why it took her 6 days to figure out how to get from point A to point B, w/out hitting C,D & E first.) When we tendered to port and sailed away from the ship, she said "TIna, I didn't know it was so big." (It was behind the building in port. ) We still laugh at that one. We are sailing in 2 weeks, with first timers again. I can't wait to see their faces. I'll be all too.
Old August 31st, 2001, 09:08 PM
Passenger

HI Tina,
That is a funny story. I remember taking my best friend on her first one, we were driving down and we passed a marina where there were some good size sailboats, She stuck her head out the window and said all excited" will our ship be as big as those", I busted out laughing and said the life boats will be that big. I guess until you've actualy seen a ship you can't imagine how big they are. Have a great cruise, I wish mine was in 2 weeks, I'm still 2 1/2 months away. Linda