Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2001, 10:56 AM
Passenger

Default Getting off the ship before the final port - is it

We're considering getting off one stop early in Naples on an itinerary that starts and ends in Rome. I've mentioned it to my TA and he said he didn't think it would be a problem but he wasn't 100% sure.

Right now we're on deposit and cruise isn't until next June so there's time for us to decide and have our TA make a formal inquiry to the cruise line. Do you know whether this would be allowed?
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Getting off the ship before the final port - i

I'm not 100% sure either, but I think it's a bigger problem when you refuse to get off the ship at the final destination.

I've heard of plenty of people doing this and, in fact, just inquired about my husband getting off a cruise in Hawaii rather than continuing on for five at-sea days and was told "no problem."

I would make a serious point of telling the Purser's Office that you are planning to get off at Naples and ask that your final sail & spend bill be prepared so you can see it before your departure from the ship.

Ah, Napoli !!!

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old September 9th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I agree with Pamda.. last spring I was looking at a cruise that I may have had to leave early. No problem.
Regards,
Kuki
Old September 9th, 2001, 12:19 PM
Passenger

Thanks Pamda...I'm hoping that we can do it. I plan to have the TA make a formal request to Celebrity before we go so I know one way or the other before we leave. Would be a great way to end a cruise, right?
Old September 9th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Kuki you and I must have been posting at the same moment..Good to hear that our request won't be so unusual.
Old October 1st, 2001, 05:59 PM
Passenger

This may be a bigger deal than you think! My husband and I, along with another couple, are booked on the Regal Princess 11-29-01, Sydney to Auckland. The guys could do the cruise tour11-24 -29, and get on the ship, but have to leave Dec 8 and the cruise ends Dec 13. They have to be back to work before we girls do. About a week before our final payment, our TA still did not have a definite yes from Princess to allow them to leave. I wondered how they could keep them from leaving, and found out that the Purser has the passports. It was finally arranged that customs would meet the guys when they left the ship early. Also, they couldn't book their air through Princess (999.00) Seattle, and had to purchase air separately for $1740. Guess the ship has to account to customs for the passengers they start with and end up with. Get definite arrangements set to make this deviation. By the way, you'll love Italy. Spent 3 weeks in Europe last year. Spent our time in Positano instead of Naples. Lovely!