Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2001, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Default Insurance

We are booked for an NCL Star Hawaiian cruise in Jan. We are offered cruise ins. with a co. called "CSA" ("Customized Services Administrators") through a program called "Travel Protection Plan". I just spoke with their rep & it does not cover cruise line bankruptcy, etc. But it does cover pre-existing medical conditions if purchased when FINAL payment is made. I want to switch to a better deal (that does cover cruise line trouble) but the ones referred to in the article only cover pre-existing conditions if purchased with INITIAL payment, which is too late for us. Can anyone help me, or know anything about "CSA" & whether it's worth purchasing (for $100/pp). thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Insurance

Are you sure you're talking to the right CSA? CSA's site is <http://www.csatravelprotection.com>, and they do cover cruise line bankruptcy, among other things. According to the web site, they cover the following:

Sickness, injury or death of you or a family member
Unforeseeable financial default or bankruptcy of a tour operator, cruise line or airline that occurs more than 7 days after coverage is purchased
Adverse weather or natural disasters resulting in the complete cessation of travel services
A terrorist incident in a foreign city to which you were scheduled to arrive within 30 days following the incident
Labor disputes resulting in the complete cessation of travel services
Your home being made uninhabitable by fire, flood, vandalism or natural disaster
You are subpoenaed, required to serve on a jury, hijacked or quarantined.

I found their prices very good, too.
Old September 20th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Chyna_c

yes they do cover carrier bankruptcy I have that insurance purchased for my cruise..and the prices are great!!
Old September 20th, 2001, 05:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Robin,
I also purchased CSA insurance for an upcoming cruise and if you wanted to pay a premium coverage, it would cover pre-existing conditions. Although it did come with a higher price, but if you should need it, it was available.

I've also used this insurance before with no problem, but also haven't had to make a claim, although have heard of people that did and got prompt payments when they provided the proper paperwork. Good luck and happy cruising.

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old September 20th, 2001, 09:18 PM
Chyna_C

Look under "Trip Cancellation" you will see the bankruptcy there, I do think most policies NOT issued by the cruiselines do cover the bankruptcy of cruiselines and airlines as well...hope this helps

http://www.csatravelprotection.com/i...r_coverage.htm