Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2001, 10:43 AM
R Buck

Default Cab fare FLL to Port of Miami

Can anyone tell me what to expect in taxi fare between the Fort Lauderdale airport and Port of Miami. (not Port Everglades)
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2001, 12:07 PM
Ljeanbrown

Default Re: Cab fare FLL to Port of Miami

We were there in April,and we checked into cab fare.The cab was $60.00.We had 5 people and alot of luggage,so we went with a taxi van.That was $85.00.

Laurie
Old September 29th, 2001, 03:51 PM
pattyk

I am scheduled to fly into FLL on 10-13 and then go to the Port of Miami. I called the airport and they said I could take Airport Express for $15. That covers the way there. When I called Airport Express they said for the trip FROM the Port to FLL required a pre-reserved car at $74. I am going to look into taking the Super Shuttle from the port to the MIAMI airport and then on to the FLL airport. I haven't called them yet, but I think it is doable.

When are you going?

PattyK
Old September 29th, 2001, 11:40 PM
R Buck

Thanks for your input. Do you have any idea why there is such a broad difference in fares from Miami port to FLL airport? Anyway, we are sailing 12/8 on the Triumph.
Old September 30th, 2001, 01:58 AM
cruzdiva

I don't think it is doable.I've never seen Super Shuttle at Ft. Lauderdale Airport and I use it more than I do Miami Airport even though I live in Miami. Here's their number 1-(800) 874-8885. Another option is Share Ride/ Tri County Airport Express and they operate out of Ft. Lauderdale. Here's their website www.fll.net/avi01000.htm. They are limos and they share the rides to cut down on costs.

Carole
Old September 30th, 2001, 11:40 AM
R Buck

Thanks for your help. Did you also take a cab or taxi van on the return from Port of Miami to Fort Lauderdale airport. If so, was it the same price?
Old September 30th, 2001, 12:24 PM
Ljeanbrown

We took a taxi van back also.When we got to the pier the driver gave us a # to call and get picked up.And it was the same price as getting there.We had stayed at a hotel 1 mile from Fll airport and they called the taxi van for us.If I find the card I wiil post there # if you are interested.

Laurie
Old September 30th, 2001, 03:28 PM
cruzdiva

The only time I sailed from one port and returned to Ft. Lauderdale was last spring when I returned home after the Amsterdam's Panama Canal cruise. I live a few minutes north of the port. With tip, the fare was $75.00. It's completely disgraceful that there isn't a better service between the airports at least. There is, but not for cruise passengers since you have to handle all your own luggage and that's tri-rail. Other than that, you're definitely stuck.

Carole
Old October 5th, 2001, 09:43 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark

I just got off the Triumph....From Miami airport we used supershuttle.it was 21.00 for my wife and I and daughter (yes we had tons of luggage).They even honored a $3.00 off coupon from Travelocity i had.We had purchased the bus to port transfers but came a day early.On the return to airport we used the Bus transfers purchased from Carnival....for our family of three it was $25.00 and our friends took a cab for $20.00 from the pier to MIA airport. They beat us there by an hour !! We had to wait for bus to fill up and then wait for luggage to be taken off bus...and go to the staging area at airport for a hundred cruisers....I will be taking Cabs from now on...just as cheap and fast..point to point !!!!! Hope this helps !!

Mark