Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2001, 11:46 PM
Amandah

Default I have a question about the Crew Members...

HI, My name is Amanda. I went on the Regal Princess, on July 22-29th 01. I had a great time. I met some new people, and I got one address. I would like to find 2 other friends that works on the Regal Princess... How do I find their addresses? I dont know their names though. I am 15 and from Canada...I dont really want to call the ship...So I would like any advice that you have!!! Thank you Very Much!!

-Amanda

PS: I have left messages on Message Boards but that hasn't really helped yet...
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2001, 08:23 AM
slavearlen

Default Re: I have a question about the Crew Members...

Amandah - that is a bit tricky. I know several individuals onboard some of the Celebrity ships and have remained in communication with them both while on the ship and when they were on vacation.
Without a name - your situation is hopeless. With a name is hard enough. You need to e-mail Princess Cruise Lines directly and see if they will give you the address that the crews use to receive mail. There is a specific address however, you need to know their names.
Good Luck
Old September 30th, 2001, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Hi, Amanda ...

Did you leave your name and address with your new friends? If so, just hope they get in touch with you.

I agree that without a name of the crew member, your quest is probably hopeless.

Hope your new friends catch up with you.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old September 30th, 2001, 07:39 PM
Amandah

Sigh.... I found someone who is going on the Regal Princess in October...I email that person and asked if they could look for them when they go on the cruise. Do you know anyone who works on the Regal Princess that has an email address, that I can get into contact with...just another waiter/ress or something that work on there..i could ask them to look. Well I anyone works on the Regal right now, please email me! thanks
-Amandah
sweet_fishy_01@hotmail.com
Old October 3rd, 2001, 08:57 PM
tjukka

Amandah,
I think you shouldn't be looking for crew member's of any ship at 15 years old. Let you parents try calling the cruise line for you. My daughter wouldn't be allowed to look for crew on any ship. Her father is a Captian on a cruise ship too.
Tj
Old October 4th, 2001, 07:32 PM
Amandah

Say What?? I do not think so. I am not gonna let my parents do anything. They did not even go on the cruise ship. Well thats your daughter, not me! I dont mean to sound snobby. But Why shouldn't I be allowed to find him? 15 is alot older than 5. I can figure out things for myself. Its not that much of a big deal. I would just like to find him. And whoever wants to help me will help me, if ya dont, ya dont. Simple as that. I will find who I am looking for one day...

-Amandah
Old October 4th, 2001, 09:50 PM
Tjukka

Amanda,
15 is still younger then 18 or 21 and not only can you get the crew member fired or put in jail if his is going to fall for your bait and you aren't telling them the truth about you age. No I wouldn't help you find out how to get to the crew members .I don't recommend anyone else helping you. I am not knocking the crew since I met and married my husband on a ship not on the same cruise But you can end up over you head for you age.
Tj
Old October 5th, 2001, 12:49 AM
Tjukka

To everyone I just don't think a 15 year old girl should be looking for crew members on a ship. Since all of the crew are over 21. So before any one other then Amanda slams me. Most of the crew are married and have children or are dating other people, and she doesn't need to get involved with crew that she doesn't even know their name. Nothing against the crew but I think she is to young after reading her last post.
Tj
Old October 5th, 2001, 04:16 AM
Yeoman

Tjukka, I totally agree with you! Fifteen year olds should not be looking for crew members, especially since she doesn't know his name. I think she has a crush and he was smart enough to keep a safe distance from a child.
Old October 5th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Amandah

omg!! GEEEEEEZ, havnt anyone ever heard of friends??? I have a few friends that I met on there (GIRLS) geeeez. Why are you all agenst me? I didnt do anything, I would just like to find my friend. whats the big deal? And YES they all know I am 15. I look 15!!!!!!!!! I dont see what the big deal is. And plus people do grow up!! Its not that big of a deal. Sigh...

-Amandah
Old October 5th, 2001, 02:19 PM
Amandah

Oh, well I am looking for this person named Edyta. She works on the regal princess, does everything have to be about guys? sheesh. i will find who i am looking for..just u watch.

-Amandah
Old October 5th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Yeoman

Amandah, we have all seen the posts where you are looking for the MALE crew members you yourself said YOU were flirting with.Since you are 15, and they are at least 21, they could get in legal trouble for just being your friend. It's called corrupting the morals of a minor. I won't even get into other problems if adults thought it was more than that.
Old October 6th, 2001, 03:23 PM
Amandah

Well, people grow up...

-amandah
Old October 10th, 2001, 05:37 PM
Traci

Hey Amandah, I was just reading your posts back and forth with people. I was kind of in the same situation you were in before. I went on a cruise for my senior trip with 3 of my friends 2 years ago and we all had a great time. I met a crew member onboard there and we exchanged email addresses in order to keep in contact with each other. Even though I was 18 then and you're only 15, I know how you feel about wanting to stay in touch with someone you met. We have kept in contact for the past 2 years through him staying on the ship, going back to Poland, and now finally getting on another ship in Florida. Its been great, I've grown to care about him alot. The way I was able to send him things on the ship, even when I didn't know the ship's mailing address, was to go to their website and look up their home port address. Thats usually the address that all members of the ship are allowed to receive mail from. Not knowing his name is going to make it very difficult, but maybe if you could describe who you are looking for they might help you. Just try to include what his area on the ship was and the occupation. I hope this has helped you out some. Take care.

Traci
Old October 12th, 2001, 08:52 PM
Amandah

Ahhh, Thank You! At least somone understands. I like keeping in contact with people I meet. Where would I find the mailing address?? Or do they have an Email address?? I tired to email Princess cruises, but they said "Oh we can not give out names right now beacause of things that have happened" They meant about the WTC and everything. So I guess that I will have to wait this out, untill I can ask again. What ship was your friend on? Well email me, i would like to know more about your trip!! thanks

-Amandah
sweet_fishy_01@hotmail.com