Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2001, 04:34 PM
Sandybottom

Default Port or Tender

Hubby and myself are first time cruisers, booked on RCIs' Grandeur of the Seas for the Jan.11th. "Circle the Caribbean" sailing....So many questions.....So little time...First off...I want to book shore excursions on-line, however some are tender ports.... and some are regular...whats the difference time wise...in other words if my ships brochure says Cozumel 9:30 am to 6pm does this mean we will be actually on the island at 9:30 am....or just ready to tender at 9:30 ?
Thanks for your help,
Janice
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Port or Tender

Hi Sandy,
Yes, if you have a tender port, like Grand Cayman for instance, you need to allow time to get ashore. If you purchased tour excersions through the ship, they will make sure you get off first to make your excersion, but keep the time it takes to get back to the ship after your tour if you decide to walk around town for a bit. They will always state in the cruise compass what time the last tender is leaving shore, so be sure to take a watch and have a wonderful time. My daughter did this cruise and loved it.

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old October 24th, 2001, 10:48 PM
tjukka

Default Re: Port or Tender

Sandybottom,
The ship's time is always the time you go by. That vary's from ship to ship. The carribean does not go on daylight savings time so there may be an hour difference.In Cozumel there usually is.
In Grand cayman the passenger's on ship tour's are taken off the ship first. so you need to allow time for that.
Tj