Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2001, 03:03 PM
HC

Default Will we make it from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale in ti

Our TA has assured us that there will be enough time to catch our flight but I am worried because of the tightened security. Our ship docks at 7a.m. in Miami and our flight home to Canada from Ft. Lauderdale is at 11:30 a.m. Do you think we can make it?
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2001, 04:40 PM
jp garnier

Default Re: Will we make it from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale i

as a general rule if the ship is on time you should be well on your way by 9:30 am. JP
Old November 30th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Hc,
You should also make a visit to the purcers desk upon arrival and make sure you get one of the early disembarking passes, that should also help, good luck.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 30th, 2001, 07:55 PM
Doris Basile

Be sure you are one of the first off the ship and I think you will make it, but you are cutting it close. I hope you purchased travel insurance as it may cover your missed flight. Debarkation was smooth on my last cruise. The ride by bus from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is about 40 minutes. Have one stand in line if you have to check luggage and the other stand in the security check line to save time. Good Luck
Old December 2nd, 2001, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Hi, HC ...

You will be asked to fill out a debarkation form complete with flight number and flight time. Do it as soon as the form shows up in your cabin then check with the purser's office the day before.

Because you are flying internationally, I don't know if curbside checkin is a possibility for you. Ask your TA.

We checked in at the curb in both PHL and MIA, no problem, for our recent cruise. We then had plenty of time to kill before doing the security Walk-through thing. Very quick -- maybe five minutes wait time. The lines to check in, on the other hand, were HUGE.

11:30 is pushing it. You might want to consider air deviation for a flight that's a bit later?

I would NOT wait for the cruise line's bus transfer, rather, I'd take a cab if I were cutting it that close.

Also, keep in mind that your flight may be a turnaround from the originating city. As in, Quebec to FLL and back to Quebec. If there's bad weather on the other end (it snows in Canada?) your flight could be delayed if you're travelling in winter.

Doris' advice is good. One person should leap lithely from the cab and get on line immediately, leaving the other to deal with paying the cabbie, luggage, etc.

Bon chance !!!

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor