Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 2nd, 2001, 01:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default destination maps

I have looked for maps of places I am going so I can do stuff on my own, KeyWest, Cozmel, Grand Cayman Ochios Rihos, Aruba, and curacoca, Not a very good speller. Also present weather conditions, In the past when I have gone somewhere, I have always found all this stuff but somehow this time I having a tough time. After getting the best deal possible for the cruise I don't want to give it all away to tours, I like doing a lot on my own, although where secuirity and access is the main point, I would always to a tour. If you can help me out, thanking you in advance, kelly
Sponsored Links
Old December 2nd, 2001, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: destination maps

Hi Kelly,
You may find some info here, just look for the ports you will be at:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/RESOURCES.CFM>

Have Fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old December 3rd, 2001, 10:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

If you're a member of AAA, they have maps available, as well as little booklets (tour books) with info about all those places -- things to do and see and restaurants, etc.
Old December 3rd, 2001, 02:27 PM
Admiral

Kelly ...

Spelling to one side, you are going to "easy" ports.

Key West -- Take the Conch Trolley ($18 or so) getting off and on as you wish. The harbor area is fun to wander. The beach at the Flagler Hotel is quite nice and you shouldn't miss the Hemingway House. I would NEVER miss the Conch Fritters and Coconut Shrimp at Sloppy Joe's.

Coz -- Rent a car at the pier and take off on your own. We paid $45 for a GEO Tracker a couple of weeks ago, plus about $4 in taxes. It is almost impossible to get lost on Coz. We recommend Palancar Beach which is just past Chankanaab and San Francisco.

Grand Cayman -- Pre-book a stingray swim on the 'Net. Do-it-yourself is about half the price of the ship's ShoreX.

Aruba -- You can rent a Jeep or similar just across the street from the pier. Also there is a bus for $1.15 (last trip) per person that will take you out to the hotel zones where you can use the beaches. The iguanas at the Wyndham are totally awesome and will sit on your lap for cheese curls.

Curacao didn't do much for us, Shopping is expensive. Don't miss the Jewish Temple. Easy walking-around and see if you can't manage to be on the bridge when it opens.

Ocho Rios is not a favorite. Everyone should do Dunn's River Falls once. Take your aqua sox and waterproof camera. You'll do better $-wise with a cab at pierside than on a shoreX. You can just tag along with other people.

When in Ocho Rios, keep the Taj Mahal (tourist trap) mall on your right and keep walking. There are other shopping places with much more attractive prices.

Anything else? Just ask.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor