Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2001, 11:07 AM
jenny

Default Report on Nov 2001 Millennium Cruise

Hello to All!

Back from my Nov. 25 sailing on the Millennium. Thanks for all the input on our cabin assignment. It was great -- large and the verandah was fabulous. For all who wanted to know how we got this super upgrade -- through my super TA! janie@distinctive-journeys.com proved that an affiliation with a group like Virtuoso offers more clout for the buck! She beat the best price I could come up with -- no more do-it-yourself for me!

As for the azipod system -- Wow! Like an encounter with Jaws I found it a little terrifying. Our ship experienced stability problems from the outset -- much noise, vibration and motion. Fortunately we are not prone to motion sickness so we were okay. Many aboard were sick and virtually cabin-bound the whole week while the sun and sea were gorgeous.

One interesting thing about the mechanical problem. My dining companion, a veteran of 46 cruises (talk about "Old Salt"), said the Millennium had a history of these problems -- she had been on the ship before and it had the same problem.

As for me I thought the service and food were over the top. But I would think long and hard about booking another cruise on this class of ship or taking along friends who are sensitive to motion sickness. I think I would opt for more conventional means of propulsion.

Jenny Humphries
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2001, 10:00 AM
David Starkey

Default Re: Report on Nov 2001 Millennium Cruise

Sailed the Infinity(new sister ship-same class of vessel) In Sept and the Gas Turbines provided the smoothest "ride" ever. NO vibration at all in the back of the ship(thats unheard of)(this was my 32nd cruise on a wide varity of ships and sailing conditions)
Old December 14th, 2001, 02:28 PM
donnajo

I have also sailed Infinity in Hawaii and the ride was smooth as glass. I think jenny hit the tail end of the last hurricane (Olga?)

We booked the Summit for April we loved Infinity so much.
Old December 18th, 2001, 02:20 PM
jp garnier

Was on Millie over Thanksgiving, Pretty smooth but had ac couple of very interistingly substantial lists to starboard while turning towards San Juan while still a few miles at sea. JP
Old December 19th, 2001, 07:57 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Your table-mate is correct -- this ship has had problems with the anzi pods from the day it left the shipyard. But I've never heard of it affecting people so adversely that they became sea sick.