Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Default First time on Majesty of the SEAS

Hello,
I am leaving on the Majesty next Friday with my wife (its her birthday/anniversay present and yes I planned that they would be the same day!). I have read a gazillion reviews and most look like its a great ship. Any advise on romantic stuff?
Also, I did not book any excursions online, when is a good time to book things on the cruise? Can you pay them by credit cards?
Last, but not least, if an excursion is cancelled due to weather, do you get a refund?

What the best thing on the cruise? (Personal Experience)

I know that my questions are kind of open ended, but I would appreciate any help....
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2001, 03:15 PM
m.l.m.

Default Re: First time on Majesty of the SEAS

Ali, also check out www.cruise-addicts.com . They are a wonderful group of people there, too!
Old December 17th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Admiral

In order here ,,,

GREAT of you to have such a wonderful gift for your wife. You might want to zip out to Vic's Secret for a little surprise? (VERY romantic.)

Then buy yourself a pair of really cool silk boxers? (Make sure they don't melt down!)

If a shoreX is cancelled due to weather, you will not be charged.

All shoreX's are charged to your final bill. Don't faint. You can book them any time the shoreX desk is open.

Now, for romance? How about some great body lotions and do in-cabin co-ed massages? OOOOOOOOOOOO.

Even better, get the facial peel stuff at your local drug store and do "backacials" as my pal Nancie calls them. WAY too sexy.

Best thing, to me after a gazillion (OK, that's an exaggeration) cruises is for the husband person to get dressed first, leaving the partner person in private to pack herself into her panthose, do the makeup, etc. Then call the cabin and say, "Meet you in [place]."

You can do all sorts of fun fantasies with that and freak out a few bartenders and other passengers along the way.

It's your vacation. Have a great time.

pamda -- CM First-Time Cruisers Editor
Old December 17th, 2001, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Ali,
As for cancelled shore excersions, yes they will refund your money to your sign/sail account which you secure when embarking. You just give them your credit card number that you will be using and at the end of the cruise, all your charges will then go on the credit card. On the last night they will give you a very detailed account of everything so you can check it out and make sure everything is correct.

Here is also a link to some great info on going on your first cruise, great tips, enjoy:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>
We also cruised on Majesty when she was brand new, had a great time, very nice ship, although the cabins are on the small side, but adequate, bet you have a great time!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host