Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2003, 09:23 AM
Passenger

Default solo gal back from Destiny

Hi Everybody! To all of you solo's out there-quit worrying! I met a nice gal the first night at dinner. We sat with a great family who "adopted" us also. My friend and I sunned, shopped and beached all day and at night we hung around a couple of great musicians who were crew on board. I was picked to be on stage during the talent show and won a 24 karat gold solid plastic trophy! Those of you who have been on Carnival know what I am talking about. Its just amazing how nice everyone was and everywhere you go you meet passengers who are anxious to talk. I can't wait to book my next trip!
Margo
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Re: solo gal back from Destiny

So glad you had a good trip! Carnival was a good choice as a single.

Old April 15th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Wow congrats Margo! That is an accomplishment but I have also seen how great fellow cruisers are so I knew you would have no problems at all.
Old April 16th, 2003, 12:23 PM
dustyroad

margo, so glad you had a fun cruise. it takes away some of the worries i am having of going solo for my first cruise. i will be on carnival also (the spirit) and am planning on having a great time. what cruise are you going on next? dusty
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: solo gal back from Destiny

Hey- Thanks all for responding. I'm not sure when my next cruise will be. Perhaps 6-12 months away. I need time to pay for it! <grin>. Thank goodness I have an extremely flexible work schedule and can take time off whenever I want to. Even though I liked being alone (sort of), next time I would like to find a roomie-just for the cost factor. If you or anyone is interested in planning something let me know. Just to warn you before you respond-I am a public speaker with business seminars. By nature I am extremely outgoing and a pretty big flirt. If you are uncomfortable with this, I am probably not the roomie for you. If you can be an "anything goes, spur of the moment, try anything once" we will get along perfectly. Any takers?
Old April 18th, 2003, 09:51 AM
Passenger

Dusty, P.S., The crew are great people to hang with. They are very charming and eager to hook up with others because they are sick of each other. But be forewarned!!! Do not get emotionally involved!! You will go back home, and they still have a job to do. But don't be scared away, they can show you the ship and the islands like no excusion ever could. Just go in with an open mind. Margo
Old April 21st, 2003, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Margo,
I am going on the Destiny in 2 weeks. Can you give a quick review of the ship? Food, service, anything else...

Thanks,
Howard
Old April 22nd, 2003, 07:38 AM
Passenger

Hi Howard,
Did you get my ship review? I clicked on reply to my e-mail and perhaps it was only sent to your private e-mail box. Let me know if you received it or not.
Happy Cruising!
Margo
Old April 22nd, 2003, 09:45 PM
CalifHRGal

Margo...glad to read your comments. I leave in 14 days for my first cruise ... May 4th on the Carnival Elation...also traveling SOLO. I've been having anxiety attacks...even though I'm an outgoing gal by nature. .

Appreciate the feedback...
Old April 23rd, 2003, 04:40 AM
Passenger

Hey Gal,
Congrats on your decision to go solo. I too was plagued by panic attacks, so much so that my friends told me "just shut up already". I'm not sure how they do dinner the 1st night on the Elation, but on Destiny it it is free for all-just show up at the dining room and they seat you wherever. If this is so, don't freak!! I did and it isn't worth the possible future worry lines in our foreheads. Show up a few minutes early and scout the lines (there will be lines, trust me) for a girl or guy standing alone and looking lost. These people are your solo travelers. They will become your best friends for a week. Go up to them and break the ice. If you aren't sure how to do that. My time with motivational speaking comes in handy-Compliment them on something-but be genuine. Nice sandals, Pretty necklace-is that tanzanite?, Great mullet and Led Zepplin shirt dude, etc. you get the picture. They will attach to you like fleas on a dog <grin>.
Feel free to ask anything else of me,since I'm not sure what you need. Okay?
Good Luck,
Margo
Old April 23rd, 2003, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Hey Margo and Califhrgal, on the Elation dinner the 1st night is your regular seating. I was on Elation this past Feb. I'm surprised they did that on Destiny as I have been on 4 CCL cruises and the there was never a "free for all" dinner seating on any night.
Old April 23rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: solo gal back from Destiny

Margo,
I did not receive your review. Please send it to my e-mail address of hrmkr@earthlink.net. I greatly appeciate it.

Thanks,
Howard
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:16 AM
susancruzs

All I can say is good for you sailing solo! I took my first cruise at 35, twenty years ago and I was a nervous wreck!!! I went on the little NCL Southward and had a marvelous time! The next two years I was on the Norway and the rest is history.

I always tell people, cruising is ideal for singles! You cannot take a land vacation, go to a hotel and find people to eat with, go places, sit in the sun, etc., on a cruise, there are always people around that will ask you to join them! If you want to be alone, you can!

Congratulations and many more bon voyages!!!

Susie
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:28 AM
Passenger

Susie,
Thanks for writing. I am hooked also! Cruisers are a special sort of breed that understands the need of the sea. Can't wait to book my next one, someday!
Margo