Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Angela Paradise

Default Miami Hotels and Miami Port

Hello,
My name is Angela and I will be traveling on the Explorer from Miami in mid March. It departs on Saturday, but we will be flying down sometime Friday morning to hopefully spend the afternoon exploring the Miami beaches and nightlife. First, I was wondering where exactly in Miami is the port, and second, does anyone have any recommendations for decent hotels in fun areas? Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2002, 03:01 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Miami Hotels and Miami Port

The Port of Miami is east of Biscayne Blvd, in downtown Miami. If you have a map, the entrance is inbetween the American Airlines Heat Arena and Bayside Festival Marketplace. Southbeach is probably where you want to stay. It's the most fun part of town and Miami Beach is a short taxi ride from Miami.

Carole
Old January 5th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Admiral

I agree with Carole ... SoBe is the fun place to be.

pamda
Old January 5th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Carole Dunham

Actually Pam, I rarely go to SoBe. Not too old for fun, just not that kind of fun anymore. But it's a memorable place for anyone who wasn't around in the Truman administration, lol.

Carole
Old January 6th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Passenger

I know all the hotels that recommended with views and proximity to the port from reading these boards. But what if we wanted a nice hotel on the beach with ocean swimming, what would you recommend?
Old January 6th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Passenger

I got my hotel from Priceline .We are stay at the Holiday Inn South Beach.Paid $115.00 per nite.Not Bad.We leave 1/18/02 on NCL Sky.
Old January 6th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

Anybody know of a decent, moderate hotel near Miami Airport or Cruise port??? ($100 to $150). We are sailing on the Exployer also and are coming in Friday around 5:00pm. Not interested in nightlife because we will have our kids with us but would like a nice facility w/ pool and convenient to port.
Old January 6th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Carole Dunham

The time of year you cruise will have a lot to with how much you pay for a hotel. When are you cruising?

Carole
Old January 7th, 2002, 08:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have had great luck in securing hotel reservations reservations with HOTWIRE.com. They are a bit like PRICELINE except YOU KNOW THE PRICE IMMEDIATELY you just don't know the hotel until after you purchase. It does give you ideas and hints such as how many stars the unit is rated. I just used HOTWIRE to purchase our hotel tix for our 3/24/02 VICTORY sailing (night prior and day after cruise) and got the EMBASSY SUITES at the airport. Free breakfast too. Oh yea, the price?
$65.00 total, including all taxes, per night. Wowza.
Old January 7th, 2002, 10:54 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Angela, my favorite place to stay before a cruise is the Hotel Intercontinental in downtown Miami. It is within walking distance of "Bayside" with lots of shops, food court, and restaurants. Plus there is a great view of all the cruise ships in port. A quick cab ride and you are there. Plus there is a nice pool on the roof, and there is a great breakfast buffet right in the hotel.

Have fun!
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor, Cruisemates
Old January 8th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lori

Carol we are cruising 3/30/02 easter week. My mom made reservations at the Fairfield Inn 1 mile from airport on the same complex with Marriott Airport Hotel and Courtyard. Do know anything about this hotel or area? Like I said, we are not arriving until 5:30 pm. We're just going to catch dinner at the hotel and take cabs to the port on Saturday.
Old January 12th, 2002, 07:30 PM
RIX!

For the beach and swimming, stay in South Beach. My favorite is Loew's and they often have discounts.

If you just want a nice place to stay near the port that is reasonable, try Marriott Biscayne Bay or the Wyndham (I paid about $80/night last Sept at the Wyndham for a Bay View Room). Bayside Marketplace is a close taxi ride away and a fun place to spend the evening.