Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2002, 08:39 AM
First Mate

Default Booking Future Cruise On Board

Hi, we are leaving on Friday for a cruise with Princess, I am already planning next years cruise (Do you think i'm an addict?) anyway i want to book for next year also with Princess are there any benefits from booking whilst on board i thought i read somewhere that they offer things like free upgrades and cabin credit is this true?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Robocop

Default Re: Booking Future Cruise On Board

Yes and no. I have seen some great values and other times it isn't such a good deal. If you KNOW what ship and when etc then go ahead and book. You can always cancel with the line and then re-book with a TA at a later date so long as you are within the non-penalty timeframe. Be aware that if you are looking at one of the top cabins, they may not be around if you wait very long or you may not be able to get that cabin back if you let it go. Top cabins sell out first and can be hard to get. It is best to check with the busness office onboard during the early part of the cruise and see what they have to offer.
Jim
Old January 28th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Booking Future Cruise On Board

I have seen extraordinary deals and I have seen nothing special deals (and everything in between). If you know what you want, price it out beforehand and then compare to what the ship is offering or do as recommended above, if the deal on board looks good , book it, then compare as soon as you get home and cancel the onboard booking if you get something better.Of course be sure you know the cancelation policy of the onboard booking.