Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2002, 04:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Warning -Dengue Fever

Have you heard about Dengue Fever? A friend just returned from St. John and he and his wife were both infected . It is contracted and carried by mosquitoes. My fiend was down for 12 days with severe flu like symptoms and his wife for 7 days She almost needed hospitalization for dehydration. He states that it is an issue throughout the carribean. He suggests to bring repellant.
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2002, 12:15 AM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Warning -Dengue Fever

My daughter had it many years ago. She caught it in Italy. It was pretty painful, but she made a complete recovery as most people do. I don't know if having it once gives you an immunity, but we have never bothered with bug spray. Bugs don't bite me. Have no idea why and my daughter doesn't seem to be bothered much anymore either.

Carole
Old February 5th, 2002, 05:50 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Warning -Dengue Fever

This is a problem that does crop up every few years in the Caribbean ....Jamacia has had the problem many times(certain areas of the island).