CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Price Between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/240509-price-between-ft-lauderdale-miami.html)

OhioGirl February 3rd, 2002 06:53 PM

Price Between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami

We are planning a cruise for May 12th...we are wondering what the distance and price is for a taxi and or bus, from Ft. Lauderdale airport and the Port of Miami. We have been told that we can rent
a car, but would feel safer going by taxi or bus. Thanks for your help.

Jenn February 4th, 2002 08:51 AM

Re: Price Between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami

I have been told it's about 40 minutes and by taxi costs $50-60. I don't know if there is a bus or not. I priced a car from a Miami Airport hotel to the pier at FLL and it is $59 plus tip from Diamond (800) 334-7314. We don't want the hassle of renting a car either.

Carole Dunham February 4th, 2002 09:15 AM

It is really shameful that there isn't a bus seervice between the two cities, but there isn't. Cabs are closer to $65-$75 inbetween the two cities, or so it was the last time I came home from Port Everglades. I live in Miami.

Carole

Marsha February 4th, 2002 04:00 PM

I don't know much about it, but there is highspeed rail service between the two cities. We usually rent a car, and have had no hassles doing that. Don't most cruise lines offer a transfer from Lauderdale?

TomS February 4th, 2002 11:28 PM

There is train service between Fort Lauderdale and Miami (and West Palm Beach, too). However, this is mainly for commuters. It does not run in early afternoons, for example. You can go from the Fort Lauderdale airport station (via a free shuttle) to the subway connection station, to the Government Center station, and then catch a shuttle to the port. It is rather convoluted and takes a little over an hour, but it is possable.

Hampton, Sheila February 6th, 2002 11:38 AM

Thanks for all the advice...I ended up contacting the airport
and found out about ground transporation...we have gone with
a limo service...it ended up costing about the same as a taxi service...so we're going to arrive in style...thanks again

pat February 6th, 2002 03:28 PM

Could I ask what Limo service you are using. I would like to use one from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, but can not find any reccomendations.

Hampton, Sheila February 7th, 2002 12:57 PM

Pat it's called Share a Ride Limo Service. Write me at my e-mail address and I'll give you the phone number and prices.

LAURIE February 12th, 2002 09:34 AM

Hi

Our family is also in need of tranfers from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale & back. Could we also have the number for "Share a Ride limo service.