Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2002, 01:32 PM
chellie

Default Pacific Princess Question

We have an opprtunity to take a very cheap (and I mean cheap) Pacific Princess Cruise NYC to Bermuda on 26 May. The objective of the cruise is to allow my husband to see the island form whence my mother came and to meet family that he has not met. the ship is not the destination and we have Constellation transat to look forward to in Oct.We know the Pacific Princess is old. We know that she is small. How well will will tolerate her for two days at sea, and as a Bermud a "hotel" having taken our last two cruises on the Mercury and Galaxy? Will the serviceand food compensate for the age and lack of individual ambience? The per diem is less than 100.00/per day per pseron, and with Constellation approaching we do this cheapie or nothing.
Opinions, Please.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Pacific Princess Question

Hi Chellie,
Here is a members review of Pacific Princess from last Sept., should help you decide:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_princess/pacificprincess3.cfm>
Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 5th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: Pacific Princess Question

I love the old girl. Cruising on a small ship is a completely diferent experience than cruising on a megaliner and in many ways, I like it better. Not only does the crew get to know you well, your fellow cruisers become familiar faces very quickly. Don't take PP if you love the evening's entertainment. Although they have it, the show lounge is quite small and the shows are not as spectacular as they are on other ships. The food is absolutely marvelous and our dining room waiter for our last cruise (Scandanavia/Baltic - 2 weeks) became like everyone's favorite Italian grandfather. When we left the ship, he said goodbye with hugs instead of handshakes. Bar waiters come over to talk to you and it doesn't matter if you order anything or not. They just come over to talk. I'm sorry she's leaving the fleet. The first time I saied her she was new and the ultimate in technology. Her charm has never changed through the years and I for one will miss her.

Carole