Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2002, 09:27 PM
twyla

Default what todo with items while snork...

hi.... me again..... you all have been so wonderful answering my ????? open for suggestions on what to pack or buy or bring or whatever for keeping money, cards etc. while on shore, mostly water stuff..... like captain marvins rays ..... is there such a thing as a Small waterproof fannypack? you dont dare leave stuff on the beaches, right..... or maybe are there lockers or the sort ... we're traveling 3/9/02 on ncl sky..... i know ill leave most stuff in the safe on ship.... should we take a small backpack with us on our trip so we can fill it w/ lunch and things and then fold it up in our suitcase when were done..... like i said open for suggestions.... tks...... twyla
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2002, 10:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: what todo with items while snork...

Hi Twyla,
WE only bring enough cash for the day and don't forget your sign and sail card. You can buy little plastic containers to hold cash and credit cards and wear on you. Some snorkeling areas do have lockers, otherwise you can take a zip lock plastic bag and bury things in the sand by your towel. Just another tip, buy an underwater camera at home before you leave and just take those with you for tours like this. When we went snorkeling on some excersions where you go from the boat, your stuff is fine just left on the boat.

Have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 10th, 2002, 01:12 AM
Carole Dunham

You can buy small waterproof carryons that will hold your sign and sail card and a bit of cash. You can wear them around your neck. check out your local dive shops.

Carole
Old February 10th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Mike Mastellar

twyla;
Magellan's has the waterproof wallets. They do work well. But I also have a suggestion. If you already have a travel wallet that goes around your neck I would go to a dive shop and purchase 2 or 3 waterproof plastic bags. They look like a ziplock bag but are much stronger. Put your valuables in there and then put that in the wallet and you should be just fine.

Take Care;
Mike