Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2002, 05:22 PM
ar

Default Sovereign of the Seas

I'm taking my husband on a 4-night SOS cruise on 3/10/02--his first, my second. He is 45 and has cancer. He's in the middle of his chemo treatments and so is very tired. We thought a cruise would be ideal: warm weather, no worries, good service. We're not really interested in lots of on-board activities; we're just looking forward to rest and the shore excursions. Anything you can tell us about SOS (I've read the 1/13 review), Coco Cay, Nassau, or cruising in general would help me help him to have a great time.
Thanks in advance.
ar
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2002, 05:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Sovereign of the Seas

Hi Ar,
I'm sure this short cruise will be wonderful for your husband. The great thing about cruising, is you can do as much as you want, or nothing, its totally your choice. A friend of mine went on SOS last year and said it was great, you can do an excersion in Nassau or just go over to Paradise Island and see Atlantis, the aquarium is awesome, something to see and easy to get their on your own, or there is a ship excersion that includes that plus a harbor tour, possible your husband would be interested in that. The private beach is also a lovely day, he can relax on the beach and you can return by tender anytime you want.

Have a great time!

Donna
Tuesday Chat HOst
Old February 11th, 2002, 12:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Which private beach are you talking about. That is something I am interested in - a relaxing day at the beach.
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Gail,
Ar is talking about the RCCL private beach in Nassau, Coco Cay, great beach day, you'll love it. There is all kind of water sports, some decent snorkeling and lots of hammocks and beach chairs, they serve a BBQ lunch on the island. Have Fun.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 12th, 2002, 02:00 PM
Yeoman

The old girl will be just the ticket. Enough going on to keep busy but low key.

SoS has preferred parking in Nassau, that is shortest walk to town. The pier empties into the center.

RCCL (or is it now RCI) owns part of a small island for a day at the beach. Use their own tenders and it is very convenient and handicap friendly. You will have the ship to yourself if you spend the day aboard, not a bad thing.

SoS has no balconies but we had a mini suite, a very large bedroom with double picture windows by the sofa. Book the port side and you will have a view of town and the company island beach.

Don't worry about the dress code, no one else does.