Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2002, 11:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Email addresses - a good tip (I hope)

Hey folks,

I just thought of this last night, and I hope it wins the Cruisemates staff stamp of approval.

At any rate, I always like to send emails from port, saying, you know, "Having a fantastic time. ... Ate tons shrimp scampi. ... Weather is great. ... Art bought some crappy souvenier. ... Eat your hearts out that you're not here."

But I realized you're always racing the internet cafe clock (either on the ship or on shore) to type in all these email addresses.

The solution I came up with last night is to send an email to myself before we leave, and in the body of the text, insert all the email addresses of those I want to send a note to. Then, I can just pull up the old note when we are in port, cut and paste the addresses into the "send" line, and voila, 15 people get notes in about 2 minutes of addressing time.

For those notes you want to customize, you can just cut and paste that address into a single email.

Whatcha think? I'm gonna give it a try when we leave Saturday, so hopefully I can send a note Tuesday from Puerto Vallarta (I know they have an internet cafe in the cruise terminal there)

Harry
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2002, 11:43 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Email addresses - a good tip (I hope)

Interesting thinking, there, Harry.

What about just sending an e-mail to yourself with your whole list, including yourself, then do "Reply All" when you are in port. ??? That should save a minute or two.

In the words of one of my personal icons, James Buffet, "The weather is here, I wish you were beutiful."

pamda
Old February 21st, 2002, 12:11 PM
Admiral

I just tried a test doing that (inserting the addresses into email text) and it only responds to me when I hit "reply all," rather than all the addresses.

I would think everyone would get the email list if I send the email list to all before the trip, so that I can hit "reply all" later.

Or do I just need more coffee???

Harry
Old February 21st, 2002, 04:14 PM
Admiral

I have what I consider a stupid internet question. Because I am spoiled with an at work automatic system, I don't know how to utilize/access my email account from home that is on aol from an internet cafe or outside source. Can someone give me simple instructions? We sail this Saturday, and may need to keep in touch during the week. You can email me to the above address.
Thank you.
Old February 21st, 2002, 04:24 PM
Admiral

Nana,

No Problem at all ... all you would do is type: aol.com and the top bar where the current Internet address is listed. Then hit "enter". It will then take you into a sign-in screen where you input your normal screen name and password, and voila!

Also, I've found many of the cafes already have AOL available ... although I ran into some Spanish words when we were in Ensenada, but I figured 'em out.

Hey, we leave saturday too on Sea Princess!

Hope this helps,
Harry
Old February 21st, 2002, 04:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Harry,
Actually that is a very good idea. With Aol, though, you can access your address book from Aol anywhere, so in case you forget one or need to add one, you can still use it, but your idea may save you some time. You will find internet cafe's close by the ports, they are easy to find.

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 22nd, 2002, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Maybe I need more coffee, Harry.

What was trying to say is to set up an e-mail with all your buddies on the TO: line (including yourself) then send them (and you) a mail saying something like "Neener, neeener, Art and I are cruising and you're not."

Then when you get to an Internet cafe, just find that mail, hit REPLY ALL, delete the original text, type in the new stuff and SEND.

pamda