Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2002, 12:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Tips

We are going on the Grand 3-17 and was wondering if it would be appropriate or if the cabin steward or others who go out of there way to help us can accept a gift in addition to our tips. We are from Utah and are really enjoying our Olympic experience here, There are so many Olympic pins, pens, keychains, buttons etc available at very inexpensive prices, between $2.50 and $5.00 We thought maybe we could pick up a few items to give as a extra token of thanks. Or is there some policy that would forbid them from accepting something like this?
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2002, 12:48 PM
ames

Default Re: Tips

Virginia -- don't know if there's a policy against it, but think it's a great idea! Fosters the Olympic spirit.

We are also on Grand 3/17 and for one of those USA berets, I'll volunteer to bring you breakfast!

ames
Old February 21st, 2002, 02:31 PM
Admiral

Great idea !!! I don't know of any policy against it. You will be the darling of the ship.

pamda --CM First-Time Cruisers Editor who took LOTS of Atlanta Olympic T-shirts on the Diamond a while back. (No tipping allowed on Radisson.)
Old February 21st, 2002, 03:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are going to be at the Medals Plaza on Sunday afternoon to see Martina Mcbride and see the last of the medals handed out. The tickets were free but hard to get. Most had to stand in line for hours to get a wrist band that had a number, then they drew numbers a week later and if your band got drawn you got 2 free tickets. I didn't have to stand in line though . A family friend has a relative who works for the local nbc station and she got them from her and she gave them to me because she can't go. So since I will be in the Olympic Plaza anyway I will go by the Roots store and if the line isn't 2 hours long (which it has been a few times) and if they have them in stock (they run out fast) I will pick one up, Maybe 2 I think I would like one too. I'll let you know if I have any luck. See ya onboard in 24 days
Virginia cabin C702
Old February 21st, 2002, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Virginia,
I bet the staff would absolutely love a gift like that, great thinking!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 21st, 2002, 05:21 PM
ames

Thanks Virginia! But please don't go to any trouble. I was really just kidding. I live in Fla., so a winter hat isn't really a practical purchase. But if you find one for free....!!! It would be so cool to have one. Sounds like you're enjoying the Olympic experience! I've been to Barcelona, Lillihamer and Atlanta Games. Nothing like it. Enjoy!

We're on Lido deck, but not sure which cabin yet.

See you soon!

ames
Old February 21st, 2002, 07:51 PM
Shar

I was shopping on Dawn Princess and found some Cruise Angel pins. I bought one for our room stewardess and put it in with her tip envelope (sooner would have been a good idea, though). She actually came to our room and thanked me with a big hug. The next morning she was wearing it on her uniform. I can't think of anything more wonderful than the olympic pins. They'll never forget you!!

Shar
Old February 23rd, 2002, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everyone for the info, I will go by the Olympic Souvineer store tomorrow and pick up some items to share with the cabin Steward and others onboard. Maybe a few extras for the new friends I am sure we will meet. Thanks again.
Virginia & Bret