Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Korinne

Default RCCI/SOS/Alcohol

I have spent the last hour or so reading the older messages in here and trying to get an idea about how to get alcohol on board the Sovereign of the Seas. I know you are all probably tired of this same question over and over again..lol...but my problem is I haven't seen any one here that sailed on this ship I'm going on,it's always another cruise line.(Carnival for example). We are not going to have the money to buy what we would like to drink on the ship.So,from what I've been seeing about other people sneaking it on board and "how" to do it,I was
thinking about putting our "Maker's Mark" in a 16 oz. Pepsi bottle in our carry on,because RCCI has "Coke" products. I wonder if they check to see if the seal is broken on the bottle or not,and do a "sniff" test to see what is really in there! Now, I feel like a "heel" wanting to do it this way,and embarrassed in the first place 'cause you all know me
pretty well here in CM..lol...but at the same time,I'm hoping you will un-
derstand my financial situation. I mean,don't get me wrong...we are going to buy drinks at "Schooner's Bar" for the souvenier glass the drinks come in,because I'd like to have a set of "six". It's just that when we are taking picture's of the sunset, or out just exploring the ship, or just before we go the see a show,I'd like to be able to mix our own.Can
anyone give me an answer about them checking the seals on other soft drink bottles brought on board? Will you like me "less" now as a person asking this question?..lol..Thanks ahead for any responses! :-)
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Default Re: RCCI/SOS/Alcohol

Don't worry about us liking you less ... we never liked you in the first place.

JOKE !!! JOKE !!! JOKE !!!

It's been so much fun sharing your enthusiasm.

And if we disliked everyone who's ever taken liquor on board in a stealthy fashion, we would have very few friends.

You can purchase plastic flasks at your local liquor store for a buck or so. They seal better than soda bottles. Put the stuff in with your makeup, etc. It will just look like weird shampoo.

When we were on Legend, the DFS was open for charge and carry, but I can't guarantee that would be the case on your sailing.

You might want to pack a couple of insulated coffee cups ... disguises what you are consuming and the ice doesn't melt.

pamda -- wondering how she knows these things?
Old February 24th, 2002, 03:35 PM
AJ

We have never had a problem I put the bottle in our luggage I usually wrapped tee-shirts around for padding. One cruise we brought a 12 pack of coke, wiskey sour mix, crown, etc... we had no problem.
Old February 25th, 2002, 02:16 PM
cruz-b4

You can buy it in the ships package store and carry it back to your room for an additional 9$ charge which makes it about equal to the land based store.We packed a pint bottle to use until the ships store opened and then bought anything we needed there.