Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2002, 09:45 PM
Yeoman

Default kids/formal nights/how formal?

We are traveling with two teenage girls and one 10 yr old boy. How
formal is the formal nights for kids. Does my son have to wear a tie and jacket or can he just wear nice slacks and collared shirt?
Thanks for any info. Carol.
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: kids/formal nights/how formal?

Hi Carol,
The nice shirt and pants should do fine for your son, nice dresses for the girls.
Happy Cruising!

Tuesday Chat Host
Old February 25th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Yeoman

Thanks Donna! Carol.
Old February 25th, 2002, 11:10 AM
Passenger

I was on a Princess cruise with my two girls then ages 8 and 10. The formal night was very formal. It appeared to me that all of the boys had coat and tie. The adolescent girls wore floor length dresses or at minimum, very dressy shorter dresses. Unqestionably, almost all of the teenage girls had prom-type dresses ( i.e., many long dresses, glitter, strapless, etc).

I remember this so distinctly because my girls were in awe as to how dressy the teens were. We're going on another cruise for Spring break (Celebrity)and we're taking very dressy clothes for the two formal nights (now my girls are 10 and almost 13). Perhaps my plans would change if I were going on a different cruise line, but I feel pretty confident about the decision given my research on the Celebrity line.

Hope you have fun!
Old February 25th, 2002, 11:29 PM
Ginnie

We sailed the Explorer of the Seas last October 20 with our family. Our 3 grandsons, 13, 12 and 10 wore white shirts and nice pants with loafers, and were perfectly dressed for the formal nights.
Happy Cruising, Ginnie
Old February 26th, 2002, 10:49 AM
Sue Sue

Our first cruise with our sons were at ages 7 and 10. We have since cruised with them and they always wore a suit and tie or Tux. They are now 18 and 21 and will take Tuxedo's for our cruise next week. When they were little I found the best sale deals I could and checked Outlets, Goodwill or Salavation Army. I sometimes had to alter the length and after a Dry Cleaning they were set. At the least I suggest a shirt, tie and dark trousers for young boys and young teens for formal night. Once they reach mid to late teens they should wear a suit.
Old February 28th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Yeoman

I just got off Infinity and I agree with Sue Sue. My two boys 10 and 14 wore suits with white collared shirts and ties and they looked like all of the other teens in the room. The girls all had on prom type dresses for the teenage crowd and the 8 to 13 crowd was wearing very fancy taffeta skirts with a pretty top type look. I even saw an infant dressed in taffeta little dress. Celebrity is dressier than some of the other lines.