Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2002, 11:49 AM
D.J. Ammons

Default Weather Sept. Atlantic Crossing

My family is taking a transatlantic voyage on the new Brilliance of the Seas leaving Harwich England Sept. 8, 2002 and arriving Boston Setp. 15, 2002. This is a 7 day repositioning cruise taking the North Atlantic route. What weather can we expect on this route this time of year? Temperature, rain, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2002, 01:39 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Weather Sept. Atlantic Crossing

We also are sailing on this voyage. This is my 3rd crossing of the North Atlantic and they can be as different as night and day. I for sure am packing some coats for windy days at sea and possible bad weather, but it may be smooth as glass and warm weather too.
Plan for both and you should be o.k. This is hurricane season and we keep that in mind( but knowing that keeps are expectations within reason).Who knows... ..we'll make the best of the crossing no matter what the weather/sea does.
I can't wait.....we just love the days at sea..
Old February 26th, 2002, 08:52 PM
Vicki C

We will be on the new Carnival Legend for a 15 day transatlantic in Sept. I will be packing coats, sweatshirts, hats and gloves and hope not to have to use any of it. But if I need it I will have it. No shorts and swimsuits on this cruise except on the inside hot tub and sauna.
Have a great trip.
Vicki
Old February 27th, 2002, 03:00 PM
D.J. Ammons

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info!!
Old February 27th, 2002, 03:01 PM
First Mate

NEVER MADE THE ATLANTIC ON A CRUISE SHIP BUT I MADE PLENTY ON THOSE GREAT NAVY SHIPS AND HAD VERY DIFFERENT WEATHER.I HAVE HAD THE FREEZING WEATHER THE VERY ROUGH SEAS,AND HAD THE GLASS DAYS.SO ITS UP TO MOTHER NATURE HOW YOUR TRIP WILL BE.