Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2002, 12:51 PM
Rose Moore

Default Online travel agents

From your experience, which of the online travel agents would you recommend?
We are looking at HAL for November and being frequent HAL cruisers, would
like to try for an upgrade. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2002, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Online travel agents

Rose......I would'nt recommend any <G>. I would recommend that you go to different online agent sites and price. Whenever you price you need to always price the same ship/cat/dates in order to get an accurate comparision. Next call TA's in your area and price it........Research is the key to getting a price that you are comfortable with. Watch for the on line agents that give you a "come on in" price......one that does'nt reflect port charges and taxes right up front. Make sure the prices you are comparing have port charges and taxes included. Remember that the cheapest is'nt always the best . Also remember that no matter what you pay....you can always find someone who paid more or less. Hope this helps. Good luck........cruising is a wonderful experience!
Rick
Old April 2nd, 2002, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Online travel agents

Rose,
You have asked a questions that really cannot be answered. It would not be fair to any of the hundreds of fine agents to single out just a few for recommendations. I would suggest that you contact those that you have heard of or see advertised both here and in your local newpaper or national publication as well as contacting your local TA. From there you have to figure out who makes you feel comfortable and seems to be able to do the best job for you remembering that price alone is not the only reason to make a choice. Then check with friends and the BBB and CILA and see if that agency has more than it's share of complaints. What I may think is a fine reputable agency, you may not like and those that I would never do business with may fit you.
Jim