CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Ask CruiseMates Staff (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/)
-   -   Carnival Legend (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/ask-cruisemates-staff/240789-carnival-legend.html)

Victoria April 2nd, 2002 03:44 PM

Carnival Legend

Here's what happened, maybe someone can suggest a way to resolve the sisutation. I booked an inside cabin on the Legend for Sept.5th Transatlantic cruise. We are three adults traveling together. This was done back in Jan. I called TA two weeks ago and asked to be changed to a Balcony cabin instead. She called me back and told me Carnival said there were no triple balconies available. Now I thought, correct me if I am wrong, that all balcony cabins could accomate at least 3 persons, with the sofabed that is in each. I can see them not wanting to sell another triple, thus adding 3 more people to an already overcrowed ship, but we were not adding 3 more we were just trying to switch places. I knew I would have to pay more money for this and was willing to do that.
I emailed Carnival and they have not gotten back to me yet. TA has done all they can do, they can't make Carnival do something they do not want to do.
What would you do if you were me. Suffer in silence, or go yell at somebody, if I need to yell who do I yell to?
Thanks for your help
Victoria

Y2C April 2nd, 2002 04:28 PM

Re: Carnival Legend

Hello Vicki,

You can ask the TA to see if Carnival will put you on a wait list for a balcony cabin, it would be a GTY cabin. That is if the wait list is not so long that Carnival is not excepting.

The other item is to be willing to put up the money now for the difference between an inside and a balcony. This would move you way up the wait list. If the balcony is not available the money is refunded, but check to make sure it is not given back in ship board credit.

I know the ship is way oversold, but at this point anything is worth a try.

We have on past cruises requested to be on the wait list and did get the cabin choice, as cancellations came in. All hope is not lost. A good TA should be able to answer your questions or get those answers from the cruise line.

Jim Bragg April 2nd, 2002 04:50 PM

Victoria,
Steve has given you some very good advice and that is what I would do. I might point out to you that no, not all balconies are capable of being triples. Yes they could put in a rollaway but you really wouldn't want that and you must remember that there is a set number of people that the ship can carry. It isn't a matter of fitting as many people onboard as they can, you cannot exceed the capacity of the dining rooms. As Steve said, this is a very popular sailing and the ship is oversold already so you may consider yourself lucky to even have a cabin. There are a number of us CM folks on this sailing, including many staff. Hopefully we can all get together while onboard for a nice meet and greet.
Jim

Vicki C April 2nd, 2002 06:10 PM

I was told they are not even wait listing this curise. Someone has sure messed up royal at Carnival. Yes I am very happy to have a cabin but just decided since this was going to be such an unusual cruise that we would go with the balcony. I thought all the balcony rooms had a sofa bed.
Thanks for all your help.
Victoria