Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2002, 12:44 PM
Hampton, Sheila

Default Distance between airport & port

We will be flying into Vancouver in August....we took our air on our own...and was
wondering if anyone can tell me how far it is from the airport to port, and what the
cost may be in a taxi...thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2002, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: Distance between airport & port

Hi Sheila,

It is around 20 minutes to the pier. The cost ,approxamate $15-17 USD plus tip by taxi. Remember the fare on the meter is CAD. So $22 CAD is roughly $15 USD. A rough calculation is to take the CAD $ and divide by 1.5 for USD. Hope that helps.

Old April 8th, 2002, 01:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default Re: Distance between airport & port

Depending on when you arrive into Vancouver and on what day the price for a taxi can be high. I am in BC and spend alot of time travelling into the City.
The Vancouver International Airport is actually in the City of Richmond, rush hour traffic is very busy, the best way to travel into the city is using Airport Limo's. They charge a flat rate into the city to any city hotel or port destination. I have never gone from the airport to city in under 28.00 Canadian so 22.50 seems a little under, I have paid up to 38.00 Cdn for a taxi and Vancouver Taxi Drivers have a tendancy to go out of their way if you do not know where you are going.
Limo's end up being less, very rarely are they more expensive.
Have a wonderful time Vancouver is Beautiful and very diverse.
Old April 9th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Hampton, Sheila

Default Re: Re: Distance between airport & port

Thanks for the information, I will look into the limo...we are using one in Ft. Lauderdale in May. I have a couple freinds, living in BC, hopefully, we'll get into town early enough
to spend some time with them...Again Thanks