Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2002, 09:24 PM
gobears

Default Captain Marvin's

hello. I'm hoping anyone will have info regarding the Captain Marvin Stinray city tour. We are on Sensation April 21st. We are only in Grand Cayman from 7a - 1p. Captain Marvin's has an 8:30 - 10:30 tour. But, I wonder if we will be able to leave the ship and get there in time. Any info would be appreciated. I've seen many positive posts regarding the above and would like to book this soon.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2002, 11:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Captain Marvin's

Hi ...

Marvin's crowd is very in tune with ships' schedules. It takes about 10 minutes to get from their offices (a five-minute walk from the pier) to their dockage. Marve's folk provide the transportation.

The secret is to get someone in your party to the lounge or wherever they are handing out tender tickets to make sure you are on an early tender.

It's a terrific experience and one that you should really enjoy. Just take along something to eat (when the baid squid start to look good, yeech!) and be aware that all Marvin stocks is some nasty fruit punch and water so you might want to take sodas, too.

I suggest that the day before you get to GC you check with the ShoreX office about tender timing and arrangements.

Have a great time !!! And say hello to Ruth !!!

Old April 6th, 2002, 11:20 PM
gobears

Default Re: Re: Captain Marvin's

Thanks Pamda. I'm trying to convince others in our group we should try Capt Marvin's. What advice can you give as far as benefits over the cruise excursion package? Do they typically have smaller groups? Is the crew more friendly, knowledgeable?

Thanks for any additional info. Assuming we do go through them, I will definitely pass along your hello to Ruth.
Old April 7th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Admiral

The Marvin people seem to have a knack for being where the "cattle boats" aren't.

Also the groups are considerably smaller. I'd say a max of 40. I don't know how many the other boats carry, but it's a LOT. The crews are very nice and they have recently starting boarding a video team so you can have a nifty souvenir of your experience.

Have fun !!!
Old April 7th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Tetra

When I went to Captain Marvin's site it looked like the snorkelers were actually swimming at Stingray City. I know my husband won't get into water that is up to his shoulders. He can't swim but wants to experience the stingrays. Tell me your experiences.
Old April 7th, 2002, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Hi, Tetra ...

At Stingray City the water was barely up to my chest and I am just a little over 5 feet tall.

Should be plenty OK for your husband.

The Marvin people are also very clued to non-swimmers. There are PFD's on board and the crew is quite aware of people who are a little bit nervous.

Also, there are life rings and line that are tossed overboard at each stop in case someone needs the comfort level.

Old April 8th, 2002, 09:13 AM
Admiral

Does anyone have the web or email information for Capt Marvin's?
Thanks very much.
Old April 8th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Admiral

GOOGLE.COM strikes again !!!

<http://www.captainmarvins.com/mainpage.htm>

Old April 8th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Captain Marvin's

Thanks Very Much for the information. My wife wants to do this in the worst way.