Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Default Shore Excursions

I am booked on RCI Splendor - Mediterranean cruise. Do you have any advice regarding all the shore excursions offered vs. "on your own" site seeing?

Thanks,
Dave
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Shore Excursions

European excursions can be pretty costly. Rather than spend all that money to go on excursion buses, and be on someone else's schedule, I prefer to try and do as much as possible independantly.
Check out www.shoreexcursions.com (look at EurWay excursions) or private cars with divers (my preference)... or www.autoeurope.com

Old April 25th, 2002, 08:05 PM
Artichoke King

Default Re: Shore Excursions

Dave: Last year my wife and I 'did' the Med. from Barcelona and back. One of the stops was at Civitaveccho (near Rome). Having been in Rome a number of times, we didn't want a tour so contacted a couple of Italy tour brokers by e-mail. We contracted with one who sent a wonderful driver with a new large Lancia to pick us up at the ship. He was a real gentleman with lots of knowledge and a knowledge of the English language. We stopped at the ruins of Ostia. Being of Italian decendents, I'm ashamed to say we never heard of the place. Our driver was a library of facts. We had started off wanting to see Anzio Beach where a good friend had been wounded. We saw it and the Popes summer home. It will take a bit of research to find the broker but will if you're interested. AK