Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2002, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Spirit: Alaska 5/22

Hi i am a teenager and am bringing a friend along with me on the Carnival Spirit Cruise to Alaska on May 22, 2002. I'm wondering if there is a way to find out the number of teens on the ship. I have searched for activites offered for teens but i would like a more broad description of what there is. The programs seem to be for younger teens around age 12-15 is there anything from around 15 to 18? Also, can teenagers go into the Dancin club cause it sounds awesome!
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Spirit: Alaska 5/22

Hi, Jenn ...

In my experience (of course I was a teen sometime just after the Spanish-American War) teens just find each other and "hang out".

I don't know if there is a way to find out the number of teens. It's cool that you will have your friend with you.

I don't know about Carnival, but usually teens can be in the clubs up until a certain hour.

Old April 26th, 2002, 03:30 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug

The info I have says that specific activities for teens are not avail over 15 or 16 years of age. However the clubs are usually ok with any age and there is plenty of adult things to do that you will enjoy-shows and comedy. There are also movies etc. And when you find the other teens (and there will BE others, I promise:>) you can get groups together to do things-might also speak to purser/cruise director if you want to have a specific activity planned or space avail for something you have planned. Enjoy AK, I would be jealous if it wasn't so greedy to be since I will be on the Spirit a couple of weeks ahead of you in Hawaii:>

Shelly

Old April 26th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Carole Dunham

I took my then 14 year old grandson to Alaska a couple of years ago. We signed up for the teen activities (we sailed Celebrity), but he found them babyish. He found a group of teens to hang out with and had a ball. I'm sure you will do the same.

Carole
Old April 27th, 2002, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sissybug

Just looked at my docs to be sure and they don't offer any "official" activities for teens after age 15.

Shelly

Old May 10th, 2002, 11:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Carnival Spirit: Alaska 5/22

Well, it's good to know that i'll find people regardless of any specific planned activities. Thanks for your reply. By the way is this then 14 year old grandson of yours now 16 and are you taking him on any cruises in the near future?
Thanks, Jenn