Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:47 AM
cat balou

Default Embarkation and Disembarkation

These boards are a wealth of information and I thank everyone that participates!

Barring any unforeseen incidents, our family should arrive at the port around 1:00 pm with a 5:00 pm sailing time. I have read that once you board, they have a luncheon or a lunch buffet ready and waiting for the weary traveler. (What a welcome sight that will be!).

Do they have any such lunches or snacks when disembarking?
I scheduled an early evening flight so we won’t be in any hurry disembarking – but I understand that they want everyone off the ship by 1:OO pm.
It’s not a big deal – we have enough time to eat at the airport – I was just curious.

thanx
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:03 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Embarkation and Disembarkation

Don't know which ship you are sailing but I have always found food to be available right until they pry me off the boat. I suspect it would be no different on any boat realizing that as soon as you leave the next customers are coming aboard.

Regards,
Thomas
Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:34 AM
Admiral

After breakfast on disembarkation day which is usually around 9am, I don't recall seeing any food around. The crew is usually very busy cleaning everything they can get their hands on to get ready for the next group which will be embarking around noon. You should be off the ship by 11 am, noon at the very latest. They don't want you to 'hang out' on the ship as they need to turn it over for the new guests.
Jim

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Cat,
Actually they encourage all the passengers to get in the dinning rooms and buffets for an early breakfast. Sometimes thats the only time we eat breakfast in the dinning room. I'm sure they want all the disembarking passengers to get breakfast so they can set up the lunch buffet for the incoming cruisers :-)

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 4th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Yeoman

Where does the term "disembarkation" come from? I suppose from that going aboard should be called "disdebarkation". You embark or you debark.

You won't leave the ship hungry but they do want you off early. If you try to hang around, it will undo all the good will and feeling like they really care about you fostered duing your cruise. Do everyone a favor and leave.