Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Passenger

Default should I cruise the southern caribbean in the middle of Nove

My husband and I are considering taken the 8 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean on November 16th. Is this a bad time weather wise to cruise to this part of the caribbean? Also, is this also a big time for kids to be on the cruise ships?

Thanks for any advice!!!!
Stacey
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2002, 05:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: should I cruise the southern caribbean in the middle of

Hi Stacey,
Since the end of hurricane season is in November, think you have a good chance of having nice weather at that time and it doesn't appear to be a "school break" time for the kids, so not too many kids/families either. The closer you get to the holidays, the more kids and families are able to cruise, so that should be a problem either, I'd go for it!

What ship are you looking at?

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 16th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: should I cruise the southern caribbean in the middle

Thanks so much...at first I didn't think about the weather but then I kept hearing about hurricane season!!! We're looking at the Carnival Spirit...it's our first cruise, any experience with that ship?
Old June 16th, 2002, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Stacey,
Wow, your first cruise, have head a lot of positive feedback about Carnival Spirit, here is a link to a members review:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...l/Spirit13.cfm

You may also want to read through the "first cruise" area, a lot of good tips and info:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...time/index.cfm

I'm sure after you finally complete this first cruise, you will be wanting more, enjoy!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 18th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Admiral

November is a pretty good time to cruise. There won't be a lot of families but the average age may be a little older. We have taken the Panama Canal and 2 Southern Carbbean cruises during the first two weeks of November. For the Canal, a hurricane came in the entire Western caribbean and just stayed for over a week. Passengers had to disembark at Aruba instead of San Juan. This was the week of 11/11 too. The price is usually right at this time of year, so you should have a good vacation experience. A few showers will move in but out just as quickly. Temps. are usually great.
Bon Voyage
Old June 19th, 2002, 06:43 PM
cricket55

We cruised the Southern Caribbean last November and had pretty good weather. It rained like crazy the 1st day in San Juan (they were getting the tail end of a hurricane) but after that the weather was mostly fine...a few partly cloudy days and isolated rain but nothing major. Previous cruise was in October (2 yrs prior) and there was a major hurricane hitting the ports on our schedule itinerary but they just re-routed the ship to more southerly ports and we had amazing weather! Donna is right, November is pretty well the end of hurricane season so major weather issues are unlikely.