Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2002, 09:04 PM
rich brooks

Default miami hotel

Hi. Even though my cruise is over 7 months away I booked a room with Best Western in South Beach. They had a bestrates deal for 95 dollars. Anyone ever stay there? Its still way early so if there are any recommendations in the South Beach area please let me know. The place I wanted to stay at was 250 a night i think it was the hilton in south beach. A little too expensive for less than 18 hours.
Thanks
Rich
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2002, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: miami hotel

Unfortunately I can't help too much with your question. Not familiar with many of the South Beach Hotels.
We've gone to SoBe many time to wander and enjoy the scene, but have never stayed there.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 7th, 2002, 03:10 PM
First Mate

Why don't you try Priceline.com. We are staying at the Holiday Inn South Beach for $45. With service charge and taxes it's less then $57.00. If you go to www.biddingfortravel.com they explain exactly how to do it. Email me if you have any quesions. Happy bidding!!
Old July 8th, 2002, 08:32 PM
rich brooks

Default Re: Re: miami hotel

hi..

I tried using priceline to get a 4 star and resort hotel. I made bids up to 180 and still did not get that. i was very surprised. Maybe its too far in advance. I was thinking about trying it again when its like a week away. One thing I don't like about priceline is if something happens and you can't make it you can't refund or cancel. i've lost a few hundred that way.
Old July 9th, 2002, 09:10 AM
First Mate

I asked for hotel suggestions on 2 boards, and got the same responses to try Priceline. Hmmmm. I'd suggest finding some hotels that you'd like to stay in, and then checking some of the other discount hotel sites. Priceline couldn't accomodate our family at all. I needed a hotel for 5 people, and you can only get a booking for four on Price Line. We're also arriving in Miami late, and I wanted a hotel with an airport shuttle.

We chose to book Embassy Suites at the airport for $99. (AAA rate). Not only does it have an airport shuttle, but you get a full breakfast -- for 5 people, it's a good deal. We'll have a $20 cab fare to the Port in the morning, but the only hotels that I read about on the Boards that had airport and port shuttles were the Days Inns.
Old July 9th, 2002, 07:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: miami hotel

Im with Sharon... I also booked the Embassy at the airport for 99.00. Because we are a family of six and they can accomodate us. The fantastic all you can eat breakfast is a dream come true when you have 4 kids! hahahahahaha

Paula