Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Southern Caribbean

Hey! I'm a 14 y/o girl planning 2 go on either the Carnival Destiny or the Adventure of the seas 4 spring break 2003! I was wondering if anyone have any info. on the ships or the southern caribbean. This is going to be my 7th cruise and my first 2 the south. Will there be as many teens on these ships doing the southern caribbean? please let me know! Thanx!

E-Mail~Babiblueyez143@aol.com

Old July 7th, 2002, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Southern Caribbean

Melissa,
Both of these ships will have a considerable number of teens in your age group during that time of the year. There will however, not be as many as those ships that sail directly out of Florida just because of the added air fare expense. The Southern Caribbean tends to have an older, slightly more affluent group simply because it often costs more. With that said, youmust also understand that these are the two ships departing for the Southern Caribbean that will have the most families and teens onboard. The Southern Caribbean is quite port intensive, meaning you will see often five differant ports on a seven day cruise, and to me they are very interesting as you get to visit islands that are unlike, and less Americanized, than the ones you typically visit on the Western and Eastern cruises. Have a great time and do take as many shore trips with your parents as you can so that you can learn about other cultures. The experiance is priceless. You will still have plenty of time onboard for meeting and hanging with new friends.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 7th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Southern Caribbean

Hi Melissa,
Since you are going during a "school" break there are bound to be quite a few teens cruising with you. I too love doing the southern itinaries, only draw back is the flight to San Juan, but once there, there are so many different islands to visit.

Having been on Explorer of the SEas, I'd suggest giving Adventures a try, totally different kind of cruise, the ship is something else, so much to do and see. I think your whole family will have a great time.

Message Boards Moderator