Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2002, 01:20 PM
Beginner

Default Back-to-back cruising discounts

Hi Everybody,

My husband and I went on our first cruise a couple of months ago for our honeymoon. We sailed the Voyager of the Seas. We had such a great time that I think that we were bitten by the "Cruise Bug" and are now trying to book another cruise (either Navigator or the Explorer) for around the same time next year for a one year anniversary trip.

Although I had a wonderful time on our first cruise.... I am determined to be more informed cruiser. I have been searching the internet for all the information I can find. All my research has brought me to this great site, where I have learned many interesting things.

One of the things that I am most interested in finding more information on is this idea about cruising for one week, then getting the second week at a substanially reduced price. I read about this in one of those "Unofficial Guide" books and in an article that I found here (I think it was Kuki's on the Explorer)...(great blackjack article aswell, I'll have to try it out ). In this situation the couple saw a sign at the purser's desk advertising this rate.

So the questions I have about this:

Can this deal be booked ahead of time? Or is this deal only available under certain situations, ie. they know the next trip won't be full.
We'd love to take the chance of sailing and hoping that it is offered, but we need to plan our vacation time sooner, so we can let our employer's know, and we have to be at a relative's wedding on a certain date. If we knew that we could book the 2 weeks ahead of time, we could request more vacation time, and plan the original cruise that we were going to go on to be one week earlier to accomadate that second week.
Unfortunately, because of the wedding expenses and because we DID have such a great time on our first cruise, we do not have it in our budget to pay for full price for the 2 week cruise. One week just didn't seem long enough the last time.

Another question I had, was how much of a disount is it usually?

And does it make a difference if we were in the Crown and Anchor program or what kind of stateroom that we book.

Any info on this matter would be greatly apprieciated.... I'm already counting the days till our next cruise...

Thanks,
Heather
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2002, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back-to-back cruising discounts

Don't know about RCI but on Radisson...if back to back total 8-14 days, you get a $1000pp discount, 15+ days, it is a $1500pp discount. We have back-to-backs coming up over Xmas and New Years; can't wait!!!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 5th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back-to-back cruising discounts

On Premium Brand ships those deals occured in the weeks and months immediately after the events of September 11th... when the ships were quite empty because of people not wanting to fly. They made very special deals for those already on board. In most cases those deals are a thing of the past... although they do occur sporadically on some less popular ships. Similarly, there is not much of a savings of late on pre-booked back to back sailings... although there are some exceptions... such as HAL on their 10 night Caribbean sailings this fall. It never hurts to ask, though. Your t/a can easily check for you to see if there is anything special available.