Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2002, 04:20 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default CruiseMates Cruises for anyone ?

..................I have recently " discovered " the " CruiseMates " site & have really enjoyed all of the informative e-mails ( both from staff & members ); but am " perplexed " by one thing ??? ..........Apparently, many CruiseMate members have ( or will have ) made arrangements to meet on board and/or arrange shore excursions together. Is this service available to " all " Cruisers or is it " limited " to those Cruisers who have booked their Cruise through CruiseMates ?? .........My wife & I have booked a Cruise on the Norwegian Sun on 11/30/02...............however; we booked & paid for the Cruise " elswhere " before I " discovered " CruiseMates.......Is it still possible for us to attempt to " join in " the CruisMate Activities ??
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: CruiseMates Cruises for anyone ?

Hi Mr.doowop,
The Cruisemates thanksgiving cruise is now on Golden Princess, so there is no CM cruise with the ship you will be on. NOrmally if you book a Cruisemates cruise, you book it with the agent that is handling it and then you get the group discount along with all the other extras. You can always arrange to meet and do excursions with cruisers, CM cruisers or not, but there may be a specific function, like a cocktail party that would only be for that group that booked together, but there are a lot of other activities that you would certainly be welcome to join and in fact encouraged to, the more the merrier :-)

In the future, just keep an eye out on the home page for any new and interesting Cruisemates cruisers, they are always working on the next one, also if you have any suggestions, please post them.

I'm sure you and your wife will enjoy the "SUn", I'll be doing the CM Alaska cruise in a few weeks and am getting so excited, booking excursions, etc. Have even found some cruisers that are not with the CM group, but still plan on meeting onboard too.

There are some great deals on the Thanksgiving Golden cruise, and even some prices have been lowered, its still early to cancel and do this one, so check it out, have fun!

Here is the link to all the CM cruises in the works at this time:

http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/...CM-cruises.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 4th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Hi, DooWop ...

It's never too late.

The only thing that may be "exclusive" is a cocktail party given by the booking agent for those who booked through that agency.

On the Summit CruiseMates cruise, the TA did not discriminate. Anyone who was part of the group, whether boooked through the TA or not was invited to the cocktail party.

On another group cruise, from another board, the TA was QUITE clear that those who had not booked through that agency were NOT invited.

As Donna says, "The more, the merrier !!!"

Old August 4th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Cruisemates are a wonderful group of people and they will always accept you, and even encourage you to join in as mauch as you want. The only thing you will not be elegable for is the perks that the booking agent, whoever they are, provides to thier customers. I might point out that Cruisemates itself is NOT a travel agency and whenever a CM cruise is arragned an independant agent is selected through a process and you have to make your own booking through that agent personally and not through Cruisemates. You just get the special pricing and the extra perks when you mention you want to be part of the Cruisemates gang.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old September 3rd, 2002, 10:18 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default Re: Re: CruiseMates Cruises for anyone ?

Although my wife & I have booked a Cruise on the Norwegian Sun on 11/30/02................a number of people in my office have gotten the " Cruising Bug " ( as a result of my booking the above Cruise ) and are considering getting together to arrange a " Group Cruise " ( probably sometime around May or June of 2003 ). In as much as we are all " New Yorkers "; we are interested in arranging a " Group Cruise " on one of the 14 ( I think that is the number ? ) of ships that are scheduled to be departing from & returning to New York City next year. As such; we would appreciate any information relative to arranging this type of Cruise next year ? Thank You