Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Beginner

Default Which Cruise Line/Ship

We are planning to take a cruise in Feb 2003 and are having a difficult time deciding which cruise line/ship to take. We've narrowed it down to the Carnival Victory, Grand Princess and RCL Enchantment of the Seas, all of which are sailing to the Western Caribbean and are in our price range. A group of us are traveling together: my wife and I (early 40's) and two children (11 and 14), a childless couple in their early 40's and my sister also in her early 40's. None of us are big partiers, even the kids are kind of laid back. My kids love to swim, my wife and I like to relax and read a book, and we'd still like to do things as a family. Any opinions on the ships would be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Salem5050

Default Re: Which Cruise Line/Ship

Well my family and I took our first cruise last March on the Enchantment, it is a wonderful ship, seems to be older crowd, but were kids on there also, but they seem to have lots of activities for the kids. We are going on the Victory next march, one reason we chose Carnival is my kids are in their 20's and wanted a crowd more there age and a little "wilder". I am not sure if Carnival is "wilder" but seems to be more people in their age group, and my husband and I also like to party so we will see. I think both ships are good, Victory is larger and does have a water slide, which your kids might enjoy. Well hope I have helped you.
Mary Margaret
Old August 10th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Admiral

If you're not hard partiers, steer away from Carnival. While I personally find Grand Princess too big and impersonal, I love their dining program which enables you to choose assigned or open seating. The cabins on Grand Princess are a bit larger than Royal Caribbeans. I think Princess' food is better than Royal Caribbean.

I think you'd be happier with either Grand Princess or RCI's ship. I'd probably lean towards Grand Princess since I like it's food and the dining plan.

Anne Campbell
Old August 10th, 2002, 04:46 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Re: Which Cruise Line/Ship

Of the ships and cruiselines you mentioned......Princess sounds like the best match.
Old September 14th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Beginner

Don't know if you have made your descision yet...

But PRincess all the way