Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Cucaracha
Default 1st Timer Cruise Doc. Question

Hello all...

I have been informed that delays may cause passengers of the 8/31 Pride sailing to not receive their ship docs. until the week of the cruise.

My main concern is that this will not leave any time to address potential problems.

For example, I got the air/sea package to reduce my fears of arriving on time; however, I read a horror post where the flight booked by the cruiseline was scheduled to arrive AFTER the ship's departure.

So I ask you...will I be able to address potential problems with the cruise docs. arriving only a few days before the cruise and do cruise lines share details with you before your docs. arrive? (air info. and I would like to see excursion info. so I can possibly book non-cruise excursions)

Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 1st Timer Cruise Doc. Question

Hi, Cucuracha ...

That's why there are travel agents and telephones.

On a recent cruise, the TA apparently didn't check our air tickets. We were scheduled to leave a day AFTER we were supposed to. A phone call fixed it. Maybe that's what you read about?

It was the fault of the cruise line, to be sure. But it was also the fault of the TA for not taking a close look before sending the cruise documents/air tickets. WE, as passengers, have to take some responsibility. too.

And I will take MY share of the blame. I just tossed the docs into the Giant Tote Bag, ASSUMING (always a mistake) that they were correct. It wasn't until my husband examined them that it turned out we were booked for the wrong day.

You SHOULD have been advised by your TA about your airline flights (numbers and dates). Calling the airline to make sure that you are booked on the flight/day you require is a few minutes' worth of time that should either set you at ease or get you on the case.

Better to spend a few minutes on "hold" and make sure you're booked than get left holding your carryon (the bag).

Old August 13th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: 1st Timer Cruise Doc. Question

Normally cruise air is set 30 days prior . Have your TA call the cruise line to get the information on your air arrangements, then have them call the airline to make certain you have your seat assignment.

I'm cruising Aug31, and don't have the documents. Not really a concern.. seems lately I've been getting them between 1 and 2 weeks prior to sailing.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 13th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: 1st Timer Cruise Doc. Question

I too am still waiting on docs for a cruise thats just 2 weeks from this Friday. I did do my own air and have already checked and have seating assignments and I also know that I have a cabin, so I'm not too concerned yet about not having docs, I understand they will be in any day.

Just give you travel agent a call and they should be able to tell you what your air arrangements are, so you can plan and get packing :-)

Message Boards Moderator