Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Ladymo

Default Carnival cabin assignments

We are booked on the Carnival Pride for late Sept. 2002. Our TA booked us as "Cat.8C or better". She said this would insure us of a balcony stateroom without any worry of an obstructed view. Does Carnival refuse to give an actual cabin number assignment beforehand or is my TA misinformed? I don't like the idea of waiting until boarding time to even "remotely" have the chance of there being an assignment problem. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2002, 04:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Carnival cabin assignments

Hi Ladymo,
Sounds like you booked a guarantee, when doing that it takes some time before you actually have a specific cabin assignment. As soon as your agent knows it, she should let you know.

Here is a link to an article that explains the guarantee booking process:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...guaranteed.cfm

I have heard of cruisers not finding out the exact cabin until getting to the pier, hopefully you will know sooner, good luck!

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 15th, 2002, 05:39 PM
Ladymo

Default Re: Re: Carnival cabin assignments

Thanks Donna and Mike, I guess I'm just getting "antsy" with my cruisedate just a month away. You know how it is, wearing the cruise brochure book thin, looking, reading, and relooking, but not being able to actually circle on the deck plan page which one is, "MY" stateroom. After your replys, I called my TA to check, she said Carnival wouldn't let me know until I was at the port. Oh well I tried. Thanks again for your fast and informative replys. Ladymo
Old August 15th, 2002, 10:54 PM
First Mate

8C's do not have obstructed views, and she should have let you pick your exact cabin if you wanted to. Carnival does allow you to book the available cabin of your choice.

She might get some perk or something booking her customers in guarantees, but she should let you know that you are allowed to get an actual room number if you choose!

I'd can her and find a different travel agent.

I've found one I love from the Bargain Finder here at cruisemates.com. I haven't been with her long, but others who cruise a lot can recommend good ones. Just Email people who rave about their agents, there's lots of threads. Or you can talk to mine if you want. We're not allowed to post names.

Travelocity.com has a great little light-up deck plan feature that highlights which cabins are available. See if they have your cruise available to find out what 8C's are still open and get an idea of where you might be.

Guarantees are a good thing if you're not picky and don't mind waiting until the last day. My next two cruises are guarantees by choice, since there is the small chance of getting an upgrade. But, your travel agent needs to be more honest and informative with you.

Denise
Old August 16th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Admiral

I was on the Pride with a guarantee and didn't find out our cabin number until we dropped off our luggage at the pier. The porters had a manifest and gave us our cabin number at that time.

I don't believe an upgrade to a higher deck is beneficial on the Pride since most of the activities are on the lower decks. We got upgraded to a higher deck and ended up having to take the elevators most of the time to get to the activities. Be aware though, we were on deck 6 and noticed on deck 5 the balconies were a bit larger and protruded out further than those up above which means the people on the above decks can view the deck 5 balconies. This was interesting on occasion.

Regards,
Thomas
Old August 16th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Ladymo

Default Re: Re: Carnival cabin assignments

Thanks Thomas. Your experience with room assignment is exactly what my TA told me when I booked and by phone again yesterday. Yes, I did know about the balconey size difference. Thanks again, Ladymo