Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2002, 03:10 AM
thedreamweaver

Default An offer you CAN refuse

I've wondered about this for awhile, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask the Cruisemates staff... I would like to make all the arrangements for a cruise for myself and a roommate out of a Florida port, pick up this roommate in a Crown Victoria at the Orlando, Miami, or Tampa airport, let them stay at my condo in central Florida, (or I would pay for other overnite accommodations as well as all their meals, drinks and transfers to and from the cruise port). In return, this roommate would pay for my cruise fare & port charges. I am able to get very inexpensive cruises and have been on 16 cruises so far. Would this arrangement be allowed on your "singles" board when seeking a roommate?
Does it sound fair to you? I don't want to make the offer if you say it's not okay. I love to cruise, but can't always afford to go as often as I'd like. Thanks. I'll wait for your answer.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: An offer you CAN refuse

No, that isn't really fair. A cruise costs what, $400 min for a short cruise? You are offering them to be thier TA, (say 10%=$40), a cab ride, (say =$20), and a shared room, (what, another $20) which is equal to less than $80 benefit to them. I would not do it nor recommend anyone else but I applaud you for your ingenuity! Also, this would appear to be advertising which is not allowed.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old August 27th, 2002, 12:47 AM
thedreamweaver

Default Re: Re: An offer you CAN refuse

"An $80 benefit to them"?
Sir, no offense to you, but I doubt you could get even a one-way chauffered fare from Orlando airport to Miami port for $80, let alone TA service, meals, accommodations, etc., not to mention the invaluable services that only an experienced, friendly & knowledgable travel/cruise companion could offer.
I wonder if you don't undervalue what I'm offering by just a smidgeon,
perhaps?
Did I mention that I'm also a good dancer? (jus' playin' withya there!)
- Hoping you'll rethink your original assessment of my sincere offer
Old August 27th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: An offer you CAN refuse

Okay, I agree the ride from Orlando to Miami is worth more than $20, but you didn't say that, just a ride from the airport to the port and without specifics I thought airport of port city to port. It is still advertising and not allowed, but dancing is. <G>
Jim
Community Staff Leader