Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Ask CruiseMates Staff
Register Forgot Password?

Ask CruiseMates Staff Got a question? Our staff will do its best to help.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2002, 08:36 PM
MrPnut

Default Keeping Things Dry

How does everyone keep their documents dry such as passports, cash, credit cards, when you swim on Princess Cay, Stingray City, etc. Don't you need your charge card or cash for drinks, rentals, etc.? I don't imagine you just leave it in a beach bag unattended while you head off snorkling? Suggestions, please.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2002, 11:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Keeping Things Dry

A couple of years ago I found a water proof fanny pack at a luggage specialty store. It wasn't very expensive, and works pretty well.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 27th, 2002, 10:42 AM
Yeoman

Last cruise people were wearing cigarette size plastic cases around their necks. Assume they were purchased in the notion shop. You can find something suitable a lot cheaper in any dive or surf shop.
Old August 27th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Go with the little cigarette sized plastic things . You can buy in any dive shop, most full service sports shops, beach shops and souvenir shops in resort areas and most cruise lines sell them on the ship. I have two sizes . One fits cruise card , credit card, license (photo id ) and a few bills. The other fits a bit more . You simply wear it around your neck. Leave all that other stuff locked in your safe.
Old August 31st, 2002, 01:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Keeping Things Dry

Just got back from Western Carib. First time cruiser so had lot of questions. But it is great I understand what you mean. don't know if you have a K-Mart or one of those kinds of stores, the plastic things that go around the neck were awesome. Got it off this website for suggestions. I put in my sign and sail card which you positively must have to get back on the ship, drivers license for id and some cash. We didn't do any shopping and the little that we did I bought travels checks. These things do not get wet as long as you snap it closed. Have Fun!
Old September 23rd, 2002, 10:45 PM
MrPnut

Default Re: Re: Re: Keeping Things Dry

I have looked at Target, Wal-mart and Kmart in the Phoenix area and nobody has heard of them. In what section of these stores do your find them? No luck in the big sporting goods chains either. Am I asking for the wrong thing? If they are available on the ship, we may just grab on there.